• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

kashmir

Reaction score
eidos cutaway front looks sporty and good but i will be a bit self conscious due to my prominent ass pulling them even further lol

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
26 and he is sporting Formosas, Eidos, Inglese, Rotas and whatnot.
When I was 26 ... ;)

Looks all great on you, Newc. Just hope you have a "backing" for this "hobby" of ours. And always wear it all in good health.
(Did I just sound like a daddy? And an old one at that? Damn.)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

26 and he is sporting Formosas, Eidos, Inglese, Rotas and whatnot.
When I was 26 ... ;)

Looks all great on you, Newc. Just hope you have a "backing" for this "hobby" of ours. And always wear it all in good health.
(Did I just sound like a daddy? And an old one at that? Damn.)

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words! I am glad that the Eidos is receiving approval.

*redacted, to not clog up thread :).

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

eidos cutaway front looks sporty and good but i will be a bit self conscious due to my prominent ass pulling them even further lol

Yeah, fortunately I am flat-assed. However, I have child rearing hips.

And glad you like the Formosa!

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That does sound frugal. :)
(btw, absolutely no need to justify anything, really good for you, though.)
Me, on the other hand, after 5 years in fashion nomansland, I have splurged this year like there is no tomorrow. Ironic, from nomansland to nomanwalksalone, must be kismet or something. Albeit, coming ever closer to having to physically restrain myself.

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dudes, I have seen the field jackets that arrived yesterday and....they are outstanding. Compliments to @NickPollica for a really cool design with the interior drawstring waist and pockets that kind of stand out from the body of the jacket. Great roll to the lapel too. They're not up on the No Man site yet, but there's only one in each size, so keep a look out.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dudes, I have seen the field jackets that arrived yesterday and....they are outstanding. Compliments to @NickPollica for a really cool design with the interior drawstring waist and pockets that kind of stand out from the body of the jacket. Great roll to the lapel too. They're not up on the No Man site yet, but there's only one in each size, so keep a look out.

How would you compare the field jacket to the Schneider Juncus coat?

n2pua

Reaction score
Is anyone here a 40reg and interested in the navy raw silk chalk-stripe tipo suit for under $500 ? Decided having two wasn't necessary. I can provide you all the info you need, just PM me.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So glad you like it! To my eye I would take the waist in slightly and slim the sleeves a hair but its really all about what you are comfortable with.

I agree with the sleeves, but I am concerned about taking in the sides--I really do not want it to look any more "hippy."

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gah...really completely different pieces. Is there any particular dimension along which you're interested in comparing them? Fabric? Cut? Fit?

I'm interested in a short, casual jacket for fall/early winter. How do these jackets compare in terms of weight (how cold can it be outside and still wear it) and fit (can you wear a knit or an odd jacket underneath).

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried the 50 and 52 on, and I definitely think the 52 is the winner.

And below is a picture of the 52:

And below is a picture of the 50:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the navy Lorenzo in. I need a suit and was looking at Canali, but I think this is a winner. Pants need to be let out a bit in the rear and are a touch slim, but overall I'm very happy with the fit.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads