• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SKM

Thrilled you got a spot. I totally agree that you should get it exactly how you want it, given what a rare opportunity it is. Which color suede did you go with? I would have probably opted for that over the all Zug had it not been shearling lined. But all Zug and no MTO aint a bad way to go either...

To be fair I haven't decided on the colour yet. I had initially thought about mocha, but I'm afraid it will be to much of a contrast. But at least it will be some shade of brown. Not having the possibility to see the leather IRL I will have to ask Patrik for help, and needless to say I have full faith in his judgement
nod[1].gif
But suggestions for the colour of the suede are warmly welcomed.

@SKM

I am glad to hear that you are getting what you want and thank you for getting a ball rolling. Without you this project would never materialize.

You're too kind, thanks. I'm just happy my idea made sense to so many members, even though I was afraid that the success had smothered the project given how fast the 15 pairs were going. But now having a space in the slot I can happily say that I landed on my feet. Putting this project to sleep for a fourth time would be unbearable.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be fair I haven't decided on the colour yet. I had initially thought about mocha, but I'm afraid it will be to much of a contrast. But at least it will be some shade of brown. Not having the possibility to see the leather IRL I will have to ask Patrik for help, and needless to say I have full faith in his judgement
nod%5B1%5D.gif
But suggestions for the colour of the suede are warmly welcomed.

You're too kind, thanks. I'm just happy my idea made sense to so many members, even though I was afraid that the success had smothered the project given how fast the 15 pairs were going. But now having a space in the slot I can happily say that I landed on my feet. Putting this project to sleep for a fourth time would be unbearable.

I thought the Mocha was the best fit based off of the picture you provided. I am sure Patrik will provide valuable insight

steveabdn

Reaction score

Many thanks gents

PCK, good point I suppose though if I am there for myself I see no reason in a mark up. The only issue I have is ensuring that the right shoe gets bought by proxy. It's okay for me as i can weigh em up, try em on and kop as I see fit. I'm not gong to make a mistake. GB£295 is a steal, on the other hand if we get it wrong with P & P and maybe customs it becomes a GB£350 black hole.

I suppose another perspective is I could have a list as long as your arm and need to hire lorry/truck to get em home for posting :satisfied:

When I get the time I'm going to have to take a drive down and procure some new shoes at those prices! Aberdeen is a bit of a drive but not too bad, unfortunately my car isn't great on storage space but I'm sure I can find enough to warrant the trip!!

Out of interest, what size are you Cleav? Just wondering if you noticed anything particularly awesome in a 9E??

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry Steve, didn't pay too much attention there. I was looking at UK7.5 and smaller. They will have shoes boots in there that are on their current manufacturing run. For example if they are making Galways expect the odd mistake to end up in the FS. So it depends what they are running etc. What I saw in the two sizes I was looking at was loafers in suede and blue calf. spectators very few boots and suede brogues . Oxfords were bloated and round toed, not my thing.

Any trip down you do let me know and I can either help arrange a trip round them all and perhaps share a sherry. (extra dry of course) :nodding:

steveabdn

Reaction score

Sorry Steve, didn't pay too much attention there. I was looking at UK7.5 and smaller. They will have shoes boots in there that are on their current manufacturing run. For example if they are making Galways expect the odd mistake to end up in the FS. So it depends what they are running etc. What I saw in the two sizes I was looking at was loafers in suede and blue calf. spectators very few boots and suede brogues . Oxfords were bloated and round toed, not my thing.

Any trip down you do let me know and I can either help arrange a trip round them all and perhaps share a sherry. (extra dry of course) :nodding:

I appreciate the info and the invitation Cleav, I may well take you up on that! I'm becoming more and more of a shoe fan of late, I tend not to be able to get jackets / suits in my size and it's refreshing to be considered normal in size!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I appreciate the info and the invitation Cleav, I may well take you up on that! I'm becoming more and more of a shoe fan of late, I tend not to be able to get jackets / suits in my size and it's refreshing to be considered normal in size!

Fingers crossed we see you soon. LMK when you decide.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes we have no life outside of SF. I do feel bad about our European peeps. When we began this MTO signup it was around midnight over there at European continent, many folks have gone to sleep alreadey. I wonder if @S K M made it on the list. It will be ironic if he did not.

If he wanted one in this configuration I really hope he got one, too.

Agreed!!!

Here's hoping he did.

You guys could draw straws to see who gives up his spot. :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads