• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys take the same size (and width) for Galways (on the 64 and other lasts) as your do for oxfords and other shoes? Or do you size up at all. I appreciate any insight. Thanks.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes we have no life outside of SF. I do feel bad about our European peeps. When we began this MTO signup it was around midnight over there at European continent, many folks have gone to sleep alreadey. I wonder if @S K M made it on the list. It will be ironic if he did not.

If he wanted one in this configuration I really hope he got one, too.

Agreed!!!

Here's hoping he did.

Gents, thank you for your kind words and concerns. I'm happy to tell you that I did get a spot. However, I opted for the suede and shearling version though I had to swallow the MTO fee - but a man gotta do what a man gotta do.

I just checked my email, and I'm quite amazed that it was only the 16th of January I proposed a Galway make up in gorse for the first time where smoothie1 responded that he liked my idea. Hardly to months later now - during which the project in various forms has been put to sleep at least three times - and look where we are now. All that said, I'm afraid I will need to spend less time on SF, for which I think my accountant would thank me. Hmm...

Cheers,
SKM

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Acquired these today, very pleased.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@skm glad you made it and better yet your getting the version you want

Congrats sir

Thanks dddres, and I really agree. When spending such a huge amount on a pair of boots, the surcharge for getting exactly what you want seems but a fraction of the price. (or at least that's what I'm telling myself). But next time you guys owe me one, so you gotta back me up on the Alderley in Edwardian so I can at least save that MTO fee
stirpot.gif

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
 Your really hitting off in double monks these days, aren't you? Dare we ask for the factory price? 
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

They were GB£295 with cloth and shoe bags thrown in.They are without a mark. Very pleased :)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@SKM

Thrilled you got a spot. I totally agree that you should get it exactly how you want it, given what a rare opportunity it is. Which color suede did you go with? I would have probably opted for that over the all Zug had it not been shearling lined. But all Zug and no MTO aint a bad way to go either...

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were GB£295 with cloth and shoe bags thrown in.They are without a mark. Very pleased
smile.gif

Cleav...you could make a small fortune traveling to the factory stores and buying shoes then selling them to SF members at a slightly marked up price...

I'm an 11.5E in EG if they got anything really good
nod[1].gif

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Cleav...you could make a small fortune traveling to the factory stores and buying shoes then selling them to SF members at a slightly marked up price...

I'm an 11.5E in EG if they got anything really good
nod%5B1%5D.gif

@S K M
 - always best to get what you really want - we are all passionate about our preferences - I have no doubt you will be glad you stuck to your original plan.

@Cleav
 -  damn, dude, those are sweet!

Many thanks gents

PCK, good point I suppose though if I am there for myself I see no reason in a mark up. The only issue I have is ensuring that the right shoe gets bought by proxy. It's okay for me as i can weigh em up, try em on and kop as I see fit. I'm not gong to make a mistake. GB£295 is a steal, on the other hand if we get it wrong with P & P and maybe customs it becomes a GB£350 black hole.

I suppose another perspective is I could have a list as long as your arm and need to hire lorry/truck to get em home for posting :satisfied:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SKM

I am glad to hear that you are getting what you want and thank you for getting a ball rolling. Without you this project would never materialize.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcell