• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chowkin

Reaction score
Sorry for providing conflicting info before. After further investigation, I have now been informed by Edward Green that the first six pairs must actually be in the same width. Any pairs after the first six can be in any width as long as the rest of the specs are exactly the same.

May I know the reason? Since the shoes are likely to be of different sizes anyway, different sized lasts would need to be used. I can't see why having the same width would lead to production efficiency and hence elimintae the upcharge.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

May I know the reason?  Since the shoes are likely to be of different sizes anyway, different sized lasts would need to be used.  I can't see why having the same width would lead to production efficiency and hence elimintae the upcharge.   

That's something I think you'd better ask EG about, I don't make the rules. :)

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these in the flesh? Burgundy und Berry suede. Wondering how red they look.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG burgundy is quite red, and the suede will be even more loud. Not office appropriate unless you're creative foppish hipster type.

Edit: EG burgundy on a conservative shoe is at the limit for office wear in my view.

Last edited:

cwh812

Reaction score

EG burgundy is quite red, and the suede will be even more loud. Not office appropriate unless you're creative foppish hipster type.

Edit: EG burgundy on a conservative shoe is at the limit for office wear in my view.

Agree - I have Frome in burgundy and they are about as far as I go for office wear. My office can be pretty conservative (depending on who you have meetings with).

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these in the flesh? Burgundy und Berry suede. Wondering how red they look.

I own this exact boot. While I love it in every way, it's not really office appropriate in my view. Business casual, yes, but even then it's a tad loud. That said, I like a little bit of flair and I do wear it to any function that doesn't require a suit and tie. Axel's sells the 82D, but needing an E, I did an MTO through Leffot.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree - I have Frome in burgundy and they are about as far as I go for office wear. My office can be pretty conservative (depending on who you have meetings with).

Noted - no office wear. Thanks. :)

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info.

I'm wondering if the berry is different enough from the brown tones that the boot would be essentially interchangeable - a bit brighter of course.

And more poncified, CT?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noted - no office wear. Thanks. :)

I would agree that any models containing berry suede are not appropriate for professional business dress. However, there are various burgundy antique calf models that are appropriate for such use, imo, particularly if the burgundy shade is on the darker end of the burgundy antique spectrum (or at least not "pinkish" as I have seen). I have the Beaulieu in burgundy antique and it works perfectly well with navy and gray suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads