• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Asquith

emptym

Reaction score
JoeGat's been banned. He's a known troll. You may remember his previous usernames such as HugeMac, RockJaw, BraveGoose, JaegerMeister, iShaka, Grubby, and LeJouvre.
I am currently in the process of finding a new place to live and move to and am up against the clock....so I just don't have the time to devote in order to rectify someone else's mistakes.

And yet you found the time to make these posts. They put your complaints against AS in new light.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Obviously the mistake over the last shouldn't have happened but I think that by covering shipping and duties incurred, they have done everything I would expect a reputable company to do to correct their mistake. Going to the post office is a hassle but in my opinion, asking for a courier service to pick it up from you is not reasonable unless Leffot is a company that sells product for way beyond retail, and I don't think they do.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Thank you for devoting your precious time to making these posts. They put your complaints against AS in new light.
Thank you for your understanding Sir...I have no outstanding complaints against AS any more...the outfit in question is Leffot and the matter has now achieved closure.

Last edited:

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spend half my time in Asia and have had to deal with my fair share of screw ups from both shoe retailers and shoemakers directly and I know how frustrating it can be mainly because of the cost of courier and the wait. However, on your concern of duties, every parcel I've had to send back always included a note saying that the goods were to be returned back to the merchant for refund/ exchange. Other than a single incident in Italy, I've never had any problems with duties or customs, nor have any seller had to handle this issue.

To be fair, alot of high end shoe retailers pride themselves as first and foremost a bricks and mortar shop. Many do not emphasize online selling but do so as an extension of their customer service. Some go to the extent of not selling via mail unless you have been to the shop before.

Sucks that this has to happen, but it looks like you've already sorted this out with Leffot. Posting any more complaints doesnt put anyone in goodlight. I have had shoes sent to me where the left and right shoes were of different styles, of the wrong sizes completely, inferior leather on one shoe and many other major annoyances. I've sworn off 2 makers as a result of my dissatisfaction. TBH, i wouldnt mind taking an 82 last of the style you wanted and accepting a slight discount equivalent of duties and shipping.

Last edited:

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is always risk in buying shoes over the phone. Go to a store next time and buy the shoes in person if you are risk averse.

Fiddler

Reaction score
TBH, i wouldnt mind taking an 82 last of the style you wanted and accepting a slight discount equivalent of duties and shipping.
No suggestion of that sort was made by Leffot, so I didn't press it or they might think I was angling for some discount.

To the moderator who made a seemingly sympathetic post and then edited it, I think an explanation from me is in order. Typing posts on my laptop takes less time and effort than taking these shoes to the post office, standing in queue and going through the procedures...last time I did it took about 3 hours including transport time and waiting. I look at rent listings and call up agents while I'm on my laptop, so it's not really eating into my time.

And BTW, my complaints against AS were not about an order they messed up but about their lack of interest. And so I didn't give them my business.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see such a move as a way of trying to angle for more discounts. I have been involved in negotiations for more than 2 decades. There are alternative solutions to every problem, some of which is acceptable to both parties had it been laid out on the table. If you had suggested this to them, they might accept it. The cost of reimbursing you for duties and shipping as well as the waiting time for both parties make this a win-win situation.

Perhaps you gave them the impression that you really hated the last but emotional arguments usually have weak foundations. You sounded very pissed in your previous few posts. Have you really tried both the 202 and 82 last and much prefer the former?

Fiddler

Reaction score
I don't see such a move as a way of trying to angle for more discounts. I have been involved in negotiations for more than 2 decades. There are alternative solutions to every problem, some of which is acceptable to both parties had it been laid out on the table. If you had suggested this to them, they might accept it. The cost of reimbursing you for duties and shipping as well as the waiting time for both parties make this a win-win situation.
Perhaps you gave them the impression that you really hated the last but emotional arguments usually have weak foundations. You sounded very pissed in your previous few posts. Have you really tried both the 202 and 82 last and much prefer the former?

Between the 202 and 82 side by side, yes I don't like the 82 Last. I hadn't tried a single EG shoe on prior but I know what I will like and what I won't. My arguments with Leffot were anything but emotional...they were backed by facts. You make some good points, rather than attacking me...hallmark of a good negotiator. Appreciate that.

Last edited:

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone give me an indication of the current mto waiting time?

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could someone give me an indication of the current mto waiting time?

Depends on from whom you order. In general it has been taking 9-12 months.

The "rules" of MTO also vary from vendor to vendor. For some, you are restricted with respect to last for specific shoes. What I mean by this is that some vendors require that you order TD to get specific lasts on specific styles, while other vendors do not.

Last edited:

Balmorals

Reaction score
So has anyone been to the EG factory shop recently? Do you still have to make an appointment since their opening of the new showroom?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics