• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's an opportunity. An Oxxford 42R Sport coat for $12.95.

About 4 hours to go on Ebay and no bids.

The seller listed the coat as Oxford and not Oxxford!!!

Not the most recent Oxxford, but a good starter for someone, and it looks like a sport coat and not an orphan:

915e_12.JPG

Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1208&rd=1&rd=1

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Really? I had seen it and thought it a suit coat from a v. nice PoW suit.

Maybe it is a suit coat but I think it could work as a sport coat.

$12 for an Oxxford! What's the downside?

I tried to use the "DocHolliday Oxxford determination" method. I.E. Are the front coat buttons 2 hole or 4 hole, but I couldn't tell.

Now that you mention it. The sleeves do have 4 buttons, but I think it's a classic POW style coat that could easily work with odd pants.

BTW: I have no connection to the auction, and I'm not bidding. But if someone is just starting their Sartorial journey, I think this Oxxford would be a winner.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Maybe it is a suit coat but I think it could work as a sport coat.

$12 for an Oxxford! What's the downside?

I tried to use the "DocHolliday Oxxford determination" method. I.E. Are the front coat buttons 2 hole or 4 hole, but I couldn't tell.

Now that you mention it. The sleeves do have 4 buttons, but I think it's a classic POW style coat that could easily work with odd pants.

BTW: I have no connection to the auction, and I'm not bidding. But if someone is just starting their Sartorial journey, I think this Oxxford would be a winner.

I bought a orphaned Oxxford navy glenplaid suit coat that I love. I put on new buttons and now have a very light weight and yet unique navy sport coat. I'm wearing it right now at my meeting in Scottsdale.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Never2Late
Nice brands, always has a full store, and the prices are ALWAYS extremely low

did you guys just never know about his store, or is there a reason that you don't post any of the links?

DSCN0013.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Funky-Cool...QQcmdZViewItem

bounce2.gif

I've never seen the store; it would be nice if he categorized the items.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never2Late

Reaction score
sad part is you actually took the time to act like a 12 yr old to code those links
confused.gif

and for what? I really don't care what weird stuff he has listed, I posted it for the good things he has, take it or leave it.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sad part is you actually took the time to act like a 12 yr old to code those links
confused.gif
and for what? I really don't care what weird stuff he has listed, I posted it for the good things he has, take it or leave it.

It sounds more and more like this is your store. Its OK, don't be shy. You're allowed to post your for sale links in this forum. Honestly I think those pants are quite fabulous. Otherwise most of the stuff is on the large size and more like cruisewear. Some nice mid 40's suits from HF, BB, etc and good low starting bids. I also like how many items are shown on the model; that is always a big help. But hey, when we see items like those 3, someone is going to post the links.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
confused.gif

And we so appreciate the service.

spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

Never2Late

Reaction score
Hah @ you guys really think that it is MY store

not quite pal, If I would have known this is how you people would have acted before hand, I never would have bothered posting the link.

wonderful first 4 posts
smile.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hah @ you guys really think that it is MY store

not quite pal, If I would have known this is how you people would have acted before hand, I never would have bothered posting the link.

wonderful first 4 posts
smile.gif

Never, I think you shouldn't take the above posts personally. The seller has some amusing items; that's all. Doesn't mean the link is unappreciated.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Never, I think you shouldn't take the above posts personally. The seller has some amusing items; that's all. Doesn't mean the link is unappreciated.
+1.
I have no ill intention toward either you or the seller. Just amused by his "novelty" listings. Please take it for what it's worth.
Best,

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday

There are some less-than-stellar reviews of this seller in the forum archives of both AA and SF, if I remember correctly. I've never bought from him. Just wanted to give a heads up.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh

Credit where credit is due: I think it's really the "AlanC Oxxford determination method." At least that's where I got it from, as best as I can recall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads