• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eating a burger without the bun

xpress

Reaction score
I just flat out don't like eating a soggy, tasteless piece of bread... So I'll often go sans bun.

Nothing to do with a diet, etc.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
FTFY.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
"can i get a cheese burger,no cheese please"

R.i.p John Belushi

Sounds silly but my buddy used to do this because McD's had a deal where 2 cheese burgers were less expensive than 2 normal burgers and he was allergic to cheese.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I was doing this yesterday and thought to myself, "I am the dumbest person in America."

Ah, there we go.

TheButler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
Sounds silly but my buddy used to do this because McD's had a deal where 2 cheese burgers were less expensive than 2 normal burgers and he was allergic to cheese.
He would have been fine then - that isn't real cheese they put on them.

Years ago as a wee lad I used to do that with their bacon double cheeseburgers when they were on special. American process cheese is disgusting but, well, bacon is bacon and who doesn't like that?

Bananafish

Reaction score
I saw someone doing this yesterday and thought to myself, "This is the dumbest person in America."

Uhh... hamburger steak??

just add fried onions and sauteed 'shrooms!

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
Dont understand why one worries about carbs (the bun) when they are eatting a ***** ass high calorie burger patty. Its just like eatting a triple patty burger with supersized fries and drinking it with a DIET Coke. Really, you think drinking a diet coke really saves you from weight gain when you eat like that?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OakCreekHitter
Dont understand why one worries about carbs (the bun) when they are eatting a ***** ass high calorie burger patty. Its just like eatting a triple patty burger with supersized fries and drinking it with a DIET Coke. Really, you think drinking a diet coke really saves you from weight gain when you eat like that?
In the effort of not turning this thread into a dissertation on the process of weight loss, I suggest you look into some basic endocrinology textbooks, such as Williams Textbook of Endocrinology, or a good biochemistry book, such as Lehningers Principles of Biochemistry, which might help you gain an understanding that would correct your approach.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw someone doing this yesterday and thought to myself, "This is the dumbest person in America."

Hardees had (has?) this a few years ago for their grilled chicken sandwich. I actually thought it tasted great. Though I don't watch my weight, sometimes I want a burger without the bun, I'd never think about asking for one unless it's explicitly offered though.

Denny crain

Reaction score
I just don't want to ruin the taste of the hamburger with a bun. It has nothing to do with diet. I only eat home cooked burgers or in and out on the west coast or five guys on the east coast.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I get full, I'll eat the rest of the meat out the burger....can't be wasting good meat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads