• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duncan Quinn

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just started a thread on thom browne for the hell of it so i thought id start one on duncan quinn as well

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quinnwhite7mj.jpg

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Oh lord -- here we go again!

OP -- simply naming a designer does not a thread start (well technically it does, butin terms of substance, it does not).

The photo posted is not my favorite look -- I'm biased against patch pockets on suits, for one -- but overall, I like DQ's stuff. At least the stuff in his stores versus the mass market stuff that was being sold at Bloomies...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
seriously, so why did you start a Duncan Quinn thread?

fwiw, i like a lot of his gear. I have 4 shirts that I like a lot, have tried on his suits which fit me perfect. Suits are pricey at $2000+

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like his pocket squares and ties. I met him in his NYC store a few weeks ago. He seems very knowledgable.

trogdor

Reaction score
I quite like a lot of his stuff, but this picture doesn't quite do it justice.

In particular, this picture commits one of my sartorial bugbears: why the **** are there creases in his cuffs? Was he ironing the shirt, and just carried on all the way down? It's the kind of look one sees on people who don't know better. Grrr.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea idk why there are creases in his cuffs

i love the suit below

yea his suits start about 2 off the rack and about 3500 bespoke

the reason i love his suits is because theyre flashier and not so traditional

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He looks a bit simian to me. I hope there is some inlay in the jacket sleeves and that the buttonholes have not been cut. And the knot...

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1ST Picture looks like a Guido Metrosexual about to rumble
2Nd Looks very Queer Eye for a Straight Guy

The haircut in the 2nd is utterly ridiculous.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
1ST Picture looks like a Guido Metrosexual about to rumble
2Nd Looks very Queer Eye for a Straight Guy

The haircut in the 2nd is utterly ridiculous.

Duncan Quinn, about to rumble? There are girls at my gym who could wreck him with a roundhouse kick to the head.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still don't understand how the hell he makes time to design clothing and operate a store while working as a corporate lawyer.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are those patch pocket tops cut at an angle, like hacking pockets? That's a bit too weird for me - either go for patches or go for hacking; the mix is really weird. Might just be a function of the photo angle though.

The rest is decent enough, though personally I would never be happy with the extreme sleeve length on display.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I still don't understand how the hell he makes time to design clothing and operate a store while working as a corporate lawyer.

i dont either, but hey if the man can pull it off props to him

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Are those patch pocket tops cut at an angle, like hacking pockets? That's a bit too weird for me - either go for patches or go for hacking; the mix is really weird. Might just be a function of the photo angle though.

The rest is decent enough, though personally I would never be happy with the extreme sleeve length on display.

i actually like the angled pockets, its kind of cool..changing it up a bit you know, something other then traditional

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads