• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Driving to California

yesjoshyes

Reaction score
Fountain Valley is in Orange County. I moved from Seattle to Newport to go to Community College for 2 years, and now im moving to San Diego to go to SDSU. Orange County is extraordinarily trashy and unless you stay in Newport/Laguna area, prepare to encounter a lot of crime and miserable people. They have the weekly crime report in the OC Register and it always amazes me how extensive the list is.

anyway, the weather is nice and the girls all take care of themselves... but that isn't always a good thing. have fun!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is reassuring!

This trip got pushed back several days due to trouble getting a replacement mirror for my car (yes, despite it having been from a while ago), and I am going a little crazy. Leaving early Friday morning, now. Still unsure whether I should take I70 across or I80 (either way, heading to Denver and then I15 into California, most likely). I kind of want to stop in Columbus to see someone, but I keep hearing bad things about I70. Any suggestions?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
In November of '85, I drove my 1960 VW bug from Nantucket to San Diego, surfed for a few months, and then drove back. I was stoned out of my mind most of the trip, had no tunes in the car, and was quite certain I was going to die horribly on a number of occasions.

I trust you will be more sensible.

C'est la vie.

The French are always wonderfully poetic.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member