• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

douchebag of the year...salesman at pippin vintage

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Actually. we really dont quite know what he did. What we do know is what the OP posted as his take on what happened, and while I fully agree that customer service to all customers or potential ones is quite possibly THE single most important factor in a business I think that without hearing the other side of the story or having an independent and unbiased observer tell us what happened its way too early for the firing squad.

This is why an official SF Sh*t list is a dangerous thing.

Agreed.

ExHack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I think the best revenge is for us to file in and buy them all and then tell him how he could have sold them for 2-3 times the price. Art Deco, double-sided, $10-30? I'm all over them.

b

I thought the "Pretty Woman" scenario was the best advice, but this takes the cake. F-ing A ... I couldn't buy those kind of cufflinks on eBay for those prices.

My brother-in-law is in a similar boat image-wise. He's about 25, looks 19, tall good-looking 1/2 Anglo/1/2 Filipino guy. He's about to become some kind of Microsoft-Certified IT God making $150K/year. He probably gets mistaken for a college student when he goes in stores. A smart salesperson never makes those kinds of assumptions. In my own case, I don't dress for business when I'm not doing business - right now I'm sitting here in a thrift-store T-shirt, cutoffs and a hole in one sock. Believe me, my buying power and appetites don't go away when the suits do.

ExHack

Reaction score
Hey, slightly o/t ... on eBay there used to be a couple selling cufflinks of the kind we're chewing the fat over here (their names were Calfee, their ID was doscalfees.) They suddenly stopped selling about a year or so ago. Anyone have any clue what happened to them?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I caught hell on my first morning in Manhattan. This homeless fellow approached me and asked for 50 cents for a cup of coffee. His New York accent was so charming I smiled, and he took offense straight away and asked me, threateningly, "What the hell's so goddamned funny?" This made me smile too. I do love that city.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
polymshamy