• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this work or too tight?

MyFirstOne

Reaction score
I got this suit yesterday on a trip in Sweden, the brand is SIR and the fabric is Loro Piana Four Seasons Super 130 and would love to hear your insights.

I totally love how it fees on me and I like how it looks from the front and side, I generally go for trim and slim. But I wonder a little about the small (?) pull on the back. This is 46 EU, and 48 EU would be too large so it would need to be MTM which would bring it from 550 to starting price of 1100 USD.

Disclaimer for context: I love the art and science of bespoke and artisan craftsmanship, and I don't have the resources or need for many suits. I had a not so good experience with a MTM that did not fit that well, and while they could kind of salvage it to make it look quite ok, this one feels so good and much better on me than the much more expensive MTM. So I am considering whether it's worth the risk spending more on another experiment.

Thanks for your time and considerations

paxonus

Reaction score
It is too tight. The lower back on the jacket does not drape because it is hugging the curve of your back. The upper thigh on the trousers is too tight and you are getting horizontal wrinkling under the seat. I think you would be better served getting a 48 and having it altered. It is easier to take in than let out.

Jan Capek

Reaction score
The upper back creates horizontal stretch lines (a "neck role") which typically means that the jacket is too tight (this seems to be your case), or that the shoulders are atypically shaped (too broad or too horizontal collar bones).
When picking a RTW suit, make sure the shoulders are comfy and the neck role is not present (or is not caused by horizontal stretching), because everything else can be fixed.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member