• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You...?

Larry Lean

Reaction score
... Think I should post on 'Ask andy About Trad' under the name 'Russell Street 2' and not bother you on your forum with any of my rubbish?

If elected to Andy's forum I will never post here again. Promise.

And nor will any of my 6 SF sock puppets.

In addition I will never mention SF again or any of its members in any context.

It will be as if I didn't exist.

Worth it, surely?

Vote now - Vote 'Go Away Larry to AAAT'.

You know I make scents.

Russell.

kali77

Reaction score
Is this a cry for attention??
musicboohoo[1].gif
laugh.gif

heavyd

Reaction score
I read the book, and enjoyed it a great deal. I started yoga after reading it, thank you.

Larry Lean

Reaction score
4 Posts, 204 hits...

It's the hits that interest me most. Internet posters are... well, they're people like me. Lurkers are the interesting ones and the ones that the advertisers are really here for. The numbers game is what the Net is all about.

So I'm quite happy with that result. My thanks to a forum I often enjoy surfing.

Oh - And re: the 'attention' thing - Kali77, you really are very silly for giving me your attention. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Have a lovely day, y'all.

Russ.

Larry Lean

Reaction score
Yet more attention?

Stop it - You're spoiling the forum!

Publicity is what it's all about, son. More people will read the bad stuff than the good. There's something wrong with human nature...

Ahhhh well!

Larry Lean

Reaction score
Just quickly because I always sing for my supper & I owe SF for using them in this little experiment:

Trolls have no power if you don't respond to them. Without responses this thread would have sunk like a stone & have had a much lower hit count.

It is well meaning forum members not Trolls who do the damage to sites. A Troll plants an idea and then it is others who pick it up and cause the fuss.

Not feeding Trolls is the only way. It really is that simple.

Even posting saying 'Don't feed the Trolls' feeds the Trolls.

Get it?

Don't feed the Trolls!

Russ.

heavyd

Reaction score
is this RS or just his biggest big fan leading us on?

who cares about hit count? its a style blog...

best

Larry Lean

Reaction score
Don't Feed The Trolls!

Hits and posts are golden for sites.
Advertising, m'boy, advertising!
Links, kick-backs, merchandising!

We live in a wonderful world.

Can I ask that this thread be locked?

People have to stop promoting me.

R.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never thought I'd see the day when Russell would eat husks. Maybe it's the beginning of inter-forum reconciliation.

My prediction is that in a couple weeks, they let you back and then reban you a couple weeks later for comments made in some thread about gin & tonics.

heavyd

Reaction score
I was obviously not paying attention when Russel Simmons, one of the most successful black entrepreneurs in the world was banned from Style Forum.

To the extent this post continues to generate hits does not surprise me as people have access to a celebrity.

With regards to hits and advertising, "j" deserves every penny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads