• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you wear shorts?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. If Tony Sopranos would do it, why would you?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carlisle Blues
I wear them, love them. with my panama hat and a nice shirt.
I'm sorry. Panama hats and shorts do NOT mix. Come to think of it, nothing mixes with shorts. That's why you should never wear them.

BLU8

Reaction score
I always wear shorts in the summer (can't stand heat). However, I just bought my first pair of linen pants & wore them yesterday. But for everyday, casual daytime stuff in hot weather, I'll stick with my shorts.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
I'm sorry. Panama hats and shorts do NOT mix.

Come to think of it, nothing mixes with shorts. That's why you should never wear them.

jfk-sailing-oxford.png

I think that mixes quite well.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
During summer, I'm in shorts as soon as I get home from work, and on weekends.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stevent
jfk-sailing-oxford.png
I think that mixes quite well.

So, what. You think you're JFK?

Carlisle Blues

Reaction score
I'm sorry. Panama hats and shorts do NOT mix. Come to think of it, nothing mixes with shorts. That's why you should never wear them.
It is all about comfortability, taste and personal style. I feel great and get some very nice compliments. I also wear sandals.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, what. You think you're JFK?

You said nothing mixes with shorts. I posted a picture of shorts mixing well. I never mentioned anything about me being JFK. Shorts go well with plenty of shirts/polos.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams

2) Will try boat shoes, but honestly in California I've only seen it a few times, and never loafers.

Where do you live? All around the Bay, SF, Marin/Tiburon, most of SoCal people wear boat shoes / loafers without socks all the time. And if it's not boat shoes or loafers its drivers or white/pastel canvas shoes with low cut socks.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stevent
You said nothing mixes with shorts. I posted a picture of shorts mixing well. I never mentioned anything about me being JFK. Shorts go well with plenty of shirts/polos.
I know, I'm just pulling your chain. But just because JFK could pull it off, doesn't mean you can. Or that anyone could. No one should wear shorts.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
I think it is like so many other things, are you in the company of your peers? I work for a fairly large company of 12,000 plus employees and it an extremely casual work environment. People rarely wear a SC or Suit and usually it is a bad fit and the tie/color combinations just looks bad. Anyway, back to shorts, a lot of people wear shorts and tee shirts. I have worn shorts for 15+ years for 6 months of the year but I have always worn nicely pressed shorts with polo shirts, and I out dress 90% of my peers. No one cares if someone has hairy legs or not because so many people wear shorts. I usually wear tennis shoes because shoes with no socks don't suit me especially because of my golfer tan and sweaty feet. In fact, I live in a SW city where it is acceptable to go to almost any restaurant in shorts. I think it all depends on what others around you are wearing and in what you feel comfortable. I don't subscribe to "rules' of fashion (might get banned from SF for this comment). I wear what I feel is appropriate based on the situation, and what I feel comfortable in and like.
smile.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
I don't subscribe to "rules' of fashion
Reported to mods. Thank you.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too many cant stand the heat weaktoids.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads