• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like this suit?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Carlo @ Feb. 14 2005,17:40) Ernest. Â If I follow you correctly you paid 300 and were refunded 350. Â Is that correct? That is not winning 50, that is stealing. Â Surely I am misreading you - please tell me that you are not bragging that you returned the item and made a profit of 50.
Im having a hard time interpreting it as well... I think what he's saying is that he bought the jacket for 350, went back and asked for a refund to pay for his tailoring, they said that they cant do that, but he then bought a women's jacket for whatever price and got a 50 euro discount on that to make up for the tailoring on his suit. Then he returned his suit for 350 euros, but did not have to pay the 50 euro that he received as a discount for the woman's jacket. So he received 50 euros off the woman's jacket, and did not have to use it to pay for the tailoring on his suit.
Yes, but I picked up all the same day . Yesterday I picked up : 1) my suit at 350 euros 2) a jacket for women at 250 euros = price should have been 600 euros I asked a discount for the suit. As it was not possible, the guy gave me a discount on the jacket instead of on the suit, so I paid 550 euros = 1) 350 euros for the suit 2) 200 euros for the jacket = 50 euros off on the total bill Today I brought back the suit and got 350 euros. So the jacket was still at 200 euros despite the fact I do not need 50 euros to tailor the suit anymore. So I won 50 euros.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girl friend will pay me 250 euros for the jacket so I won 50 euros.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell her she has managed to land a real catch.

...Ok, I was about to say I could see you keeping the discount on the jacket... then you turned around and said you were going to charge her 250 for the thing. LOL.

Let's hope she doesn't read the forum ...she may go shopping for a new boyfriend

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell her she has managed to land a real catch.

...Ok, I was about to say I could see you keeping the discount on the jacket... then you turned around and said you were going to charge her 250 for the thing.  LOL.

Let's hope she doesn't read the forum ...she may go shopping for a new boyfriend
She was ok for the 50 euros from the begining and she is still ok. The 50 euros was because of the suit, not because of the jacket.

I do not need to pay a girl to make her stay with me...

The jacket, even at 250 euros is still at more than 80% off. She found this bargain because of me. I wanted to go for shopping and convinced her to come with me after 2 hours of talkings..

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It took you two hours to convince a girl to go shopping?  Definitely not a typical female.
She didn't want to go as  :

1) It was Sunday = she is used to stay at home and have a rest
2) It was raining and snowing
3) It is far from her home =
we have to take the bus for 10 minutes (one bus every hour.),
+
a train for 10 minutes
+
a train for 50 min

(To go back home from train  = one bus every hour (or walking 20 minutes) but by luck the last bus arrived 1 minute after we had arrived to the stop.)

= at least 1h10m + walking 10 minutes from train to the shops

4) She wants to save money

5) We were traveling without paying for the last 20 minutes of the journey so we took the risk to have a fine.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why did you travel w/o paying for the last 20 minutes?  Your metro passes expired?
You have different areas, I have a pass for 1/2/3 and the shops are in area number 5 or 6.

We were in number 3 in  the west of Paris. Shop are in the east of Paris so we went through 2/1/2/3 and after 4/5 (20 minutes)

I would have to get off the train at the last station in area number 3 and buy a tiket for the station I want to go to and pay at least 3 euros each for a single tiket.

sartoriale

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Making 50 Euros is great, traveling four hours + risking the fine: Priceless...
biggrin.gif

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Making 50 Euros is great, traveling four hours + risking the fine: Priceless...
biggrin.gif
We saved 4 500 euros on clothes and 1 725 euros on shoes for her . So time and fine...

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to take some pictures of the shoes and the boots.

I also picked up for my mother 2 camel 100% cashmere jackets which were at 920 euros each for 34 euros each .................. = -94% ........................

It is the one hanging that you can see on the picture.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, where are these stores with the 99% discounts again??? Zone 5/6 -- where?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics