• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a cat?

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
catswt9.jpg

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Living in a condo, I just don't see how any would want a dog over a cat.

I never have to walk my cat at 2am
I never have to clean my cat
My cat doesn't smell
He doesn't jump all over people and drool on them
He doesn't bark or whine
He's a friendly, social cat, although I'm pretty sure he's plotting something right now

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CATS?!?!?!?!?!

Self respecting men on Styleforum own CATS?!?!?!!?

16a1bbo.jpg

n5sjzq.jpg

2rddool.jpg

You have no idea how hard it is to hold a cat and show off a three piece suit. Apoligies for the collar, it's usually nice and starchy.

Brooks Select line 3 piece sack suit.
Brooks fancy dancy club collar shirt from a few years ago (pics dont do it justice)
Brooks pink tie with paisleys.
Brooks everywhere. I know, not very originial.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Nice cat crazy. Love the mitts. What's the breed? Maine ****?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
IMG

I love how they just lounge around like that
smile.gif

Crazy quik, thats a big cat you got there! and looking straight into the camera too. Must like his photos

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He is quite the handful. Unless he's laying on top of me.

se837s.jpg

Orvis shaggy wool sweater
Brooks green cords
Timex watch with Brooks striped band
Brooks house slipper
Manton post on Styleforum

He was a stray, picked up off the street when he was a kitten. Dogs may be more manly, but cats are for those of us that have jobs and busy lives
wink.gif
I don't have to waste time walking the cat.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
He is quite the handful. Unless he's laying on top of me.

He was a stray, picked up off the street when he was a kitten. Dogs may be more manly, but cats are for those of us that have jobs and busy lives
wink.gif

Heh.... Never imagined you going on tirades in CE w/ a cute little cat laying across your lap. What's next? Manton's evil genius posting while lightly petting a sphynx breed?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
wink.gif

Yup, cats are great pets for working stiffs. When I retire, I plan to get a dog, after I'm done travelling a bit. Right now though, it's nice to have two animals that amuse themselves, crap in a box, and don't hold it against you if you take off overnight.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Heh.... Never imagined you going on tirades in CE w/ a cute little cat laying across your lap. What's next? Manton's evil genius posting while lightly petting a sphynx breed?
Crazy:

Cute cat. He is BIG.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Yup, cats are great pets for working stiffs. . . Right now though, it's nice to have two animals that amuse themselves, crap in a box, and don't hold it against you if you take off overnight.

Thank you everyone for the compliments. He is getting rather big, I may need to reduce his diet. I also have a leash for him, so I guess I could take him on walks. But then, that would negate the reason for having a cat.

Judge Richard Posner: Author of nearly 40 books, over 300 articles, over 1900 (maybe 2000+ by now) judicial opinions and a frequent blogger http://www.becker-posner-blog.com/ Not to mention teaching at Chicago among such luminaries as Barack Obama. You don't have that kind of time when you're busy walking the dog.

"I have exactly the same personality as my cat. I am cold , furtive, callous, snobbish, selfish, and playful, but with a streak of cruelty." - Judge Posner

2qb7o1h.jpg

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more cat pics plz

24zvipj.jpg

116m3hd.jpg

Apparently my Barbour jacket is something of interest:

k51rhs.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads