• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you email sellers just to correct mistakes?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No intention to buy, just want to tell the seller what an idiot for stuff like:

-calling calf shoes cordovan
-asking outrageous prices for odd size, used goods
...etc.

This can be here on B&S or on Ebay.

greenleaflettuce

Reaction score
I don't but I'm curious if others do.
It pisses me off when sellers don't know the correct style names or when they use stock photos that are a different style from the actual item.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've done it on Ebay. Particularly if the seller is known to be a bad one.

There's also a thread right here on the SF B&S Forum about Ebay seller experiences. If you have a bad experience or just want to help others that would be a good place to post something about an Ebay seller.

For those selling right here directly on the SF B&S forum I think there is a lot more honesty and less hype than the typical Ebay seller. If I see an error or just want to comment I'll usually PM the seller. You can directly post a question but that provides a free bump and some abuse that.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waste of my time, so no.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waste of time, so yes, occasionally.

Not 'that's overpriced!' or "you're a fraud!" but rather constructive things like noting a mis-listing.

Sometimes people do it for my listings as well.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
The seller in this listing listed the shoes as "shell cordovan."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

They were not my size, and I was not really interested in them as such, but felt compelled to ask the seller why she thought they were shell. She answered:

"Dear bic-pentameter
I know the difference between the two which is why I say they are shell. But to prevent any confusion for potential bidder's I'll make an adjustment to the verbiage. The bidder if any, can decide what type of leather they are. Those who know will recognize the difference.

Thanks"

I felt a bit proud of myself for having caused the reaction, but in the future I probably will leave eBay policework to someone else.

Bic

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know why I even reply to this thread. I suppose I'm padding my post count.

Obvious answer: No.

derio

Reaction score
No. I have better things to do with my time than contact them directly and get caught in some feud.

BUT with that being said, I'll admit I have a few times reported items on ebay which were counterfeit but selling at an outrages price and listed as authentic. I couldn't let some poor guy get blatantly screwed like that.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes. Especially, when the item is obviously fake. Seller has 3 feedbacks, from Ukraine, sells items with prices too good to be true, yet there are more than 10 bids. I suspect one of the bidders is a moron or a shill. Either way, someone is losing out on something and it really pisses me off so I will let the seller know what I think of him through emails.

drivel

Reaction score
i've done it a couple times. the most recent was a guy had listed a "vintage" t-shirt, saying it was from the 80s. the shirt tag, which was screen printed, had a website listed, i can't remember what brand the shirt was. he emailed me back saying that the internet was invented in the 80s.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drivel
i've done it a couple times. the most recent was a guy had listed a "vintage" t-shirt, saying it was from the 80s. the shirt tag, which was screen printed, had a website listed, i can't remember what brand the shirt was. he emailed me back saying that the internet was invented in the 80s.

It was, and by Al Gore.

You should have known that!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads