• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you consider this a perfectly fitting shirt?

sfimlit

Reaction score
So here are the new photos, just like Shirtmaven recommended.

Let's not speak too much of the collar though, it will be changed, that's the one thing I know for sure.

Looking forward to more helpful advice!

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, still not great. baggy round the midsection, ditch the pocket, and it looks like you could slim down the sleeves a good bit.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a question: Why is a pocket so frowned upon IF you wear a jacket anyways? No one will see the pocket then.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah, still not great. baggy round the midsection, ditch the pocket, and it looks like you could slim down the sleeves a good bit.

^ That.

I withdraw my earlier comment about the shoulders being too large.

Pocket is up to you. Have to admit that Mad Men made me want to order half a dozen white French Cuff shirts with pockets. And take up smoking.

sfimlit

Reaction score
I'd take in the waist more. Look at how baggy it is when it's tucked in. On another note, the fit of that shirt and those pants give you that statuesque Shaggy Doo look.
Not sure I totally understand what you mean by that but I wouldn't normally wear a shirt like that with jeans. I just didn't have any suit at hand yesterday..

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you are a tough fit.

this shirtmaker did a very good job on your shoulders
cleaning up for the slopes

you have wide sloping shoulders.
very small waist but your hips are wider then your chest.

you might want to reduce the chest a little
add a little to the waist and add to the hips as well.

you already have very deep darts.

your jeans are very low rise which is not helping. hence all of the fullness around your waist.

either lose the pocket or at least a smaller one.
sleeves are a tiny bit full and a little bit to long. Assuming the shirt has been washed.

sfimlit

Reaction score
you are a tough fit.
this shirtmaker did a very good job on your shoulders
cleaning up for the slopes
you have wide sloping shoulders.
very small waist but your hips are wider then your chest.
you might want to reduce the chest a little
add a little to the waist and add to the hips as well.
you already have very deep darts.
your jeans are very low rise which is not helping. hence all of the fullness around your waist.
either lose the pocket or at least a smaller one.
sleeves are a tiny bit full and a little bit to long. Assuming the shirt has been washed.

Yes, you fully understood the issue. That is why I am certainly sticking with this tailor. Correcting the rest shouldn't be a big deal. Thank you! Very helpful.

Last edited:

sfimlit

Reaction score
Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused.

Anyways, I actually don't think there's a big difference when I wear it with suit pants. The shirt has been washed, twice.

You're right; if you're wearing a jacket, then it doesn't matter because no one will see the body of the shirt, but your question was "do you consider this to be a perfectly fitting suit." I don't, and I told you why. The lower torso area is still a little too full. You can tell by how the shirt puffs out above your pants waist. It's especially clear from the back.

Last edited:

sfimlit

Reaction score
All I'm saying is that I think it will puff out just as much worn with the pants of a suit. I do care about how it looks when I don't wear a jacket cause I don't always wear one (like indoors for example)

So I'm gonna have it taken in a little more around the waist. Thanks.

connor09

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think for those who prefer not to have pockets on their shirts, this photo is a bit disturbing.

Nathan Parker

Reaction score
You say the shirt is not transparent, but I can see where your pants transition to skin, so I don't think that's a lighting issue. And I agree with losing the pocket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads