• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an idea and seeing what y'alls thoughts are..... we are creating a new website (thank goodness!!) but I was thinking it would be cool if people in the White's community would be willing to send me their worn White's to us to get professional photos done in our partners studio to show customers what the boots look like after 'x' amount of wear? We would pay roundtrip shipping (stateside) and provide some sort of gift for being out of your boots for a few weeks.

I appreciate your time and input!

-Kyle

Sounds good. I’ve got black CXL BHs four years old or so...

pbrmhl

Reaction score
I'll likely be the outlier again, but I've owned and used these Semi Dress boots for four years, with a few treatments of Obenauf's, and a lot of brushing:

CGM7iwGnRfe162vjpDjnVQ.jpg

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
I have an idea and seeing what y'alls thoughts are..... we are creating a new website (thank goodness!!) but I was thinking it would be cool if people in the White's community would be willing to send me their worn White's to us to get professional photos done in our partners studio to show customers what the boots look like after 'x' amount of wear? We would pay roundtrip shipping (stateside) and provide some sort of gift for being out of your boots for a few weeks.

-Kyle

This is a great idea & one that is especially needed for new/potential customers. As someone who remembers this dilemma all to clearly, it cannot be understated how helpful pictures are. White's has a tremendous selection of beautiful leather but as an outsider, it is VERY confusing and mysterious. In addition to the pictures, a brief overview of each leather would go miles. For example, with intense research one can learn that Distressed Smooth is likely White's thickest & most robust work leather. Without an in depth knowledge of leather tannage, you might think this stuff is suede. Talking about its 8oz weight, veg tan & oily but non-pullup finish that makes it practically impervious to abrasion as well as a dress polish would be my idea of HELPFUL.
Iron Heart's website does a great job talking about the qualities of each unique denim they offer and what cut it comes in (same as leather info & what boot model it can be made with). They have a gallery for each denim (leather type) showcasing it in different cuts (boot models) in various states wear ranging from new to well worn.
Here is link to Iron Heart's denim catalogue (leather choices). Click on one & it will show you which cuts it comes in (boot models) along photo gallery link for all pr0nz you can handle:
https://www.ironheartamerica.com/content/our-cuts-denims
These are the ideas I believe you can mold and tailor to your own website that will be unmatched.

b1lf

Reaction score

-Kyle

My HH BH’s have been sitting at my doorstep since yesterday... I leave the island today to come back home to get them and you’d have to rip them from my cold, dead hands (well, feet) before I’d part from them for any period of time.

... check with me in a few months. :)
I’ll send pics over this weekend.

Tatersalad

Reaction score
Good day everyone. I have been wading through this thread for the past few days now. I have been looking at buying some White's Boots for quite some time now and am about to get my order into Baker Shoe finally, once I settle on a few details.

So far I am looking at ordering:

Bounty Hunter x 6" or 7" tall.

Black horsehide with celastic toe (can't stand the leather slipper look)

Standard curved heel minus 1/4"

Close stich, Vibram 700. ( not sure about 1/2 soles yet )

leather lining, pull loops, rolled top, brown sides.

These are replacing a pair of Dayton Driver boots I bought many years ago that never fit right and I was never really happy with the quality of.

Frizzleburger

Reaction score
My HH BH’s have been sitting at my doorstep since yesterday... I leave the island today to come back home to get them and you’d have to rip them from my cold, dead hands (well, feet) before I’d part from them for any period of time.

... check with me in a few months. :)
I’ll send pics over this weekend.
What was your order date? I hope to be getting mine soon. I cannot wait.

sambam

Reaction score
Anybody try the Otto Derby? How does sizing compare to SDs...or any other Whites lasts?
I wear the same in the our Barrie as I do on the 55 or SD. 10D in both. It's the same with everybody in the factory who have worn both styles. I wore a pair of distress derby's all summer and love them. I will post some pics.

b1lf

Reaction score
@b1lf get us some pictures quickly.. want to see how those turned out.

I’m torn because when I get home tonight it’s going to be pitch black and I wanted to get minty fresh pictures in decent light..... it’ll be nearly impossible to wait until tomorrow to try them on.

You’ll all have pictures by Saturday regardless.

I also ordered a matching black leather with natural edge & brass hardware belt from Pigeon Tree Crafting. Took about a month and it was delivered on the exact same day. I got English bridle leather that should have a similar sheen/texture (vaguely) to the horsehide.

Last edited:

Theodoric

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time posting. I am sure it has been posted but can anyone provide some sizing advice on how a standard smoke jumper size compares to viberg’s 2030 last? I measure a brannock 12D, viberg 2030 size 11. What would be a safe smoke jumpers (D width) size to target?

Thanks for any advice.

Apologies for the double post. Raising this again in case most of you were offline during the holidays. Any help is appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elirobertson50