• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robe des

Reaction score
White's do combo-lasts yes but as @Jimk4003 said, they're not going to do a D/A last. My MP boots are a 13D/E (D in the heel, E in the toes).
I'm very curious to see what D/A feet might look like; are you a good swimmer by any chance? :p
Haha, how did you know my father was a penguin?!
Ok so you did get a combo, a 2 size difference D heel E toes, so how did that work out for you? Did you finally find a boot that fit you well in the heel?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so you did get a combo, a 2 size difference D heel E toes, so how did that work out for you? Did you finally find a boot that fit you well in the heel?
Mine was EE and E.
All my White’s were custom orders.
I second the advice about reaching to Baker’s.

Robe des

Reaction score
Mine was EE and E.
All my White’s were custom orders.
I second the advice about reaching to Baker’s.
Trouble is I have already sent a tracing via mail to bakers, and they said I was an size 10 E! whereas I've already had a pair of whites packer before that I had to sell cause they where too loose in the heel. That pair of whites was a 9.5D , whereas my brannock device says I'm a 10.5 D, so I went a full size down and it fit fine in my ball\ toes, but no good in my heels. So afterwards I realised I simply need a combo last, otherwise i won't get the fit i require.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trouble is I have already sent a tracing via mail to bakers, and they said I was an size 10 E! whereas I've already had a pair of whites packer before that I had to sell cause they where too loose in the heel. That pair of whites was a 9.5D , whereas my brannock device says I'm a 10.5 D, so I went a full size down and it fit fine in my ball\ toes, but no good in my heels. So afterwards I realised I simply need a combo last, otherwise i won't get the fit i require.
If you have followed their video on how to trace and measure your feet ( which I am sure you have) then I won’t worry about it.
Bakers are the undisputed kings of finding you the perfect fit.

Phalanx

Reaction score
I think I had the opposite problem to you in that heel was seldom a problem for me but boots tended to always be too tight in the toes. I've ordered so many pairs of boots from different brands and they've always fit perfect except for being too narrow in the toe box (yes, I do indeed have flipper feet). This is compounded by the fact that wide size boots are a lot less common in the UK (especially in size 13) so in the end I got a combo last through Whites.
My MP boots in 13D/E are the best fitting boots I've ever owned.

Robe des

Reaction score
I think I had the opposite problem to you in that heel was seldom a problem for me but boots tended to always be too tight in the toes. I've ordered so many pairs of boots from different brands and they've always fit perfect except for being too narrow in the toe box (yes, I do indeed have flipper feet). This is compounded by the fact that wide size boots are a lot less common in the UK (especially in size 13) so in the end I got a combo last through Whites.
My MP boots in 13D/E are the best fitting boots I've ever owned.
Interesting, must of felt great to finally get a boot that fit!
So yeah, I think whites combo will be the way to go for me. Packer here I come!

Oh and for posterity, anyone in future reading this with similar problems looking for an affordable boot that fits snug, the only business that made a pair of boots that actually fit someone like me,well about 90% of the way at least, was Beckett simonon. I just ordered a half size down in the boots( which i do for all boots) and this time they fit really well, not perfect , but really decently, so that's a brand out there that has a more snug office shoe type last when they construct their boots. As a plus I get compliments on occasion when I'm out n' about, so they certainly have a classy aesthetic.

They also gave me a free pair of cedar wood shoe trees(probably worth 20-30 dollars) one time for no real reason as i was going back and forth via email with someone there having a nice conversation about their work, and they're really are enthusiastic about their business. And to top it off the boot was less than 200 dollars, amazing value for money.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Phalanx
We do have a number of folks here from UK
👍👍

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Robe des
Big fan of Packers’ lasts!
690/695 are heaven for my feet.
The only downside is, after wearing Packers for a few days, bounty hunters feel like they have no arch support lol

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FFS, you just had to bring it up! Leave well enough alone buddy!
( I have no idea what you talking about, my first posts was today!)
How does Snopp dogg say “And if a nerd tries to get at ya”?

Last edited:

climbinglife

Reaction score
So the White's email I got about the stitchdown offerings seem to suggest that as of 11/1 that some colors will either be stocked for immediate shipping or only have a 6-8 week lead time. Or did I read that wrong?

Because both of those times seem better than 7-8 months, if my math is correct. :hide:

Lem87

Reaction score
Here is a question some of you will find interesting.
Are custom whites boots supposed to come individually bagged in the box?

Robe des

Reaction score
After doing some more research, ive discovered that Wesco boots do a true custom fitting, which is one tiny step below actual bespoke boots that use a new unique last. Instead at Wesco they take detailed foot measurements and then add leather onto the stock lasts they have to get as close as humanly possible to a true custom fit without actually having to go cast and mold a completely new last just for you feet. This method by far seems the most sensible to assure the correct fit, and when spending up wards of $600+ on a pair of boots, it really is a small ask of a one time payment of an additional $100 to get a custom last of your feet. Hell if i get a whites and they dont fit right, its at the very least 100 dollars on shipping and taxes( im currently situated in the British isles now) then having to sell the boots at a loss, spending the extra money to get the fit correct now is worth it in the long run and will end up saving me money.
I got my info from here btw

Damn though... 10-12 months lead time...oh well, gives me something to look forward to at least !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads