• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks

cuffthis

Reaction score
I'm slowing down with my cufflink purchasing. I only bought 10 pairs this past month.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm slowing down with my cufflink purchasing. I only bought 10 pairs this past month.
Aren't you fed up with cufflinks?

How did you start collecting them? What happened?

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(topcatny @ June 24 2005,19:01)
Originally Posted by YMark,June 24 2005,12:45
Originally Posted by ernest,June 24 2005,09:54
Originally Posted by topcatny,June 24 2005,17:39
They are toggle backed
Poor you...

Ernest, do you ever take a day off from being an A$$hole?

Ahhh....don't get all worked up over it. Â It's just Ernest being Ernest. Â I knew I would get some sort of response like that when I posted.
Poor you = now because you don't understand IRONY... All my links are like yours so telling poor you = irony for people who told me they were crap because not double side.
Uh....I got it Ernest. Perhaps you should learn the meaning of sarcasm.
sarcasm.gif

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ June 24 2005,19:34)
Originally Posted by topcatny,June 24 2005,19:01
Originally Posted by YMark,June 24 2005,12:45
They are toggle backed
Poor you...

Ahhh....don't get all worked up over it. Â It's just Ernest being Ernest. Â I knew I would get some sort of response like that when I posted.

Poor you = now because you don't understand IRONY... All my links are like yours so telling poor you = irony for people who told me they were crap because not double side.
Uh....I got it Ernest. Â Perhaps you should learn the meaning of sarcasm. Â
sarcasm.gif

Better teach our friend the irony .

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(YMark @ June 26 2005,06:02)
Originally Posted by ernest,June 25 2005,21:42
Originally Posted by YMark,June 26 2005,04:56
Originally Posted by ernest,June 24 2005,17:35
Originally Posted by YMark,June 24 2005,18:45
They are toggle backed
Poor you...

Do you ever manage to be smart ?

Anytime you want to have a battle of IQs Ernest, let me know. We can compare incomes too if you'd like.

What about comapring the size or the penis?

You just proved my point about the IQ.
So why do you want to compare with someone with a low IQ? May be because they are the only people you can impress by talking about income or IQ ? You seem to have a lack of self esteem. I bet the root is your slim penis...
But does he drive a Porsche?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuffthis, I was curious where you tend to buy your (vintage) cufflinks. If you don't mind saying, that is. To date I have been mostly looking on Ebay. However, that is starting to change as I'm leary of the way their auctions spiral out of control (imo as an economist who fully understands what auctions are for and how they work) and because I see a lot of the same sort of stuff coming up. Plus, my gf and I are making an effort to get to some estate sales, flea markets, antiques shops, etc. Btw, have you heard of a brand called Contessina? There was a pair on Ebay that simply look spectacular I think. Unfortunately the reserve was not met. Cheers, bob edit: url

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So only 13% of people have more cufflinks than i do and we are on a style forum.

So i imagine that in the whole population (we add 80% of rednecks and fermers) i must be in the upper 1%.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
So only 13% of people have more cufflinks than i do and we are on a style forum.

So i imagine that in the whole population (we add 80% of rednecks and fermers) i must be in the upper 1%.
Combine that with your braces and you clearly are in the upper echelon of world society.

cuffthis

Reaction score
(cuffthis @ June 26 2005,04:08) I'm slowing down with my cufflink purchasing. I only bought 10 pairs this past month.
Cuffthis, I was curious where you tend to buy your (vintage) cufflinks. Â If you don't mind saying, that is. Â To date I have been mostly looking on Ebay. Â However, that is starting to change as I'm leary of the way their auctions spiral out of control (imo as an economist who fully understands what auctions are for and how they work) and because I see a lot of the same sort of stuff coming up. Â Plus, my gf and I are making an effort to get to some estate sales, flea markets, antiques shops, etc. Btw, have you heard of a brand called Contessina? Â There was a pair on Ebay that simply look spectacular I think. Â Unfortunately the reserve was not met. Cheers, bob edit: url
Ebay is a great source for purchasing cufflinks at favorable prices. I would also suggest attending antique shows and flea markets. Keep an eye out for button dealers, as they often have cufflinks also. Happy hunting.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ July 02 2005,07:56) So only 13% of people have more cufflinks than i do and we are on a style forum. So i imagine that in the whole population (we add 80% of rednecks and fermers) i must be in the upper 1%.
Combine that with your braces and you clearly are in the upper echelon of world society.
If you add my watches, i am an alien.

YMark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ernest,June 25 2005,21:10
Originally Posted by YMark,June 26 2005,06:02
Originally Posted by ernest,June 25 2005,21:42
Originally Posted by YMark,June 26 2005,04:56
Originally Posted by ernest,June 24 2005,17:35
Originally Posted by YMark,June 24 2005,18:45
They are toggle backed
Poor you...

Do you ever manage to be smart ?

Anytime you want to have a battle of IQs Ernest, let me know. We can compare incomes too if you'd like.

What about comapring the size or the penis?

You just proved my point about the IQ.

So why do you want to compare with someone with a low IQ? May be because they are the only people you can impress by talking about income or IQ ? You seem to have a lack of self esteem. I bet the root is your slim penis...

But does he drive a Porsche?
As a matter of fact I do.

BigBadBernard

Reaction score

I hope no one minds my posting to such an old thread.
I've learned from some posts on SF that toggle backs are old-fashioned, and what is the alternative?
I'm now looking at these http://www.turnbullandasser.co.uk/sterling-silver-cufflinks-with-white-mother-of-pearl-button-64 Are they good? Aren't they old-fashioned? What do you think?

They would be fine were it not for the massive branding round the edge, which renders em vulgar.

I have only a small number of cufflinks but tend to wear them most days. Have recently purchased a less conservative pair... http://deakinandfrancis.co.uk/silver-hedgehog-cufflinks.html ...which I find rather fun. D&F are a good source for more restrained styles as well and I found the service very good.

Desuse

Reaction score
Oh, these hedgehogs are cute! *_* Wish I could wear smth like this.
But I need them to wear with a white shirt to my office (I work in a bank), so looking for smth more traditional.

They would be fine were it not for the massive branding round the edge, which renders em vulgar.
You are right!! I haven't paid attention to the letters on the edges, but now I see that it doesn't look ok to me either. I often tend to see things "in general" which causes problems sometimes.
Thank you!

dharms

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to sell some of my old cufflinks but there is one particular pair that I cannot identify. They are 20+ years old Paul Smith cufflinks and I cannot find a photo match on any google search or ebay listing current or historical. I even sent PS the pics and they couldnt ID them. I know they are real as they are a gift from my sister who used to work for them in Nottingham.

All help would be appreciated.
Thanks

D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads