• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Marlow pennies today, freshly Mac methoded

adkpyw.jpg

Socks: Pentharella
Pants: PRL

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no difference between polo vs ralph lauren however the stamp is a good indicator when your shoes were made. Ralph Lauren branded shoes are made within 3 years, Polo before that. I happen to be wearing my Polo Marlow wingtips today:

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
takes too much time and this isnt Alden shell we are talking about. C&J scuffs after making contact with just about anything. its far too labor intensive for these ***** hands

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
both look nice, guys.

NAMOR, deets on the chinos?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To NAMOR and inim

I usually do the Srivats-Mac Method

Also, for C&J shell, I add a layer Saphir reno to hydrate the otherwise very dry cordo. I use this in place of the paste wax (no need for that yet)

http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/the-mac-method/

For me it's Mac Method with the substitution of Saphir Cordovan Creme in neutral instead of Reno. The neatsfoot oil in the cordovan creme seems to have a longer lasting effect of moisturizing and has some wax in it to help cheat on the shine. I generally wipe down with a damp cloth and brush and add the cordovan creme a couple of times a year.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no difference between polo vs ralph lauren however the stamp is a good indicator when your shoes were made. Ralph Lauren branded shoes are made within 3 years, Polo before that. I happen to be wearing my Polo Marlow wingtips today:

NAMOR, I had to really look at your brogans more closely since I couldn't discern anything other than a very nice pair of wingtips. Your straight leg chinos with the blue socks makes for a great combo, consider it stolen.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you detail this method? I struggle to get much of a shine at all from brushing. If I do it doesn't last more than one wearing before they develop a very matte finish.
In deference to NAMORS delicate condition I find that the key ingredient for getting a good shine on my Marlows is elbow grease and time. There are a lot of resources for shining shell cordovan on the web, Uncle Macs being the best. He says the idea is to never use polish on shell at all. Here's what I do to kill time. Go to the linen closet and get one of your wife's, mothers, or girlfriends best wash cloths, all cotton, no polyester. Wet the cloth, I like to use warm water, then ring it out leaving it just a little damp. Take the laces out of your shoes, of course, and then wipe them down thouroghly, just like you do the quarter panels on your Porsche. I let mine sit for a few minutes, just about the amount of time it takes to get a beverage or libation, some people prefer a single-malt scotch. Get a good sized horse hair brush with stiff bristles and just go crazy. Buff with a soft cloth. Follow these steps and when they pick you up for drunk driving your shoes will look beautiful.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks guys. unlike the polo marlows, most of my shoes are kept in tip-top condition and are brushed before every wear. yes my marlows are scratched and scuffed, and dry as hell but I like how they can look after just a single wear. imagine just how disgusting they would look after a handful of wears without any care. i reckon some would even confuse me for a homeless. thats why youll never see me drinking coffee while wearing C&J for RL/Polo shell cordovan wingtips

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NAMOR, I had to really look at your brogans more closely since I couldn't discern anything other than a very nice pair of wingtips. Your straight leg chinos with the blue socks makes for a great combo, consider it stolen.

thank you sir, thank you. those are Banana Republic socks

instiches - the chinos are gilded age. we same size too :smarmy:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gimee now !

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

thank you sir, thank you. those are Banana Republic socks

instiches - the chinos are gilded age. we same size too :smarmy:

I got a pair of those gilded age chinos for uber cheap during a Mr Porter sale.
Something about whatever was done to distress them seemed to have also eaten away at the thread.
The crotch seam blew out the second time I put them on. The thread was incredibly weak. I managed to beg my wife to fix it.
They're not tight at all.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I got a pair of those gilded age chinos for uber cheap during a Mr Porter sale.
Something about whatever was done to distress them seemed to have also eaten away at the thread.
The crotch seam blew out the second time I put them on. The thread was incredibly weak. I managed to beg my wife to fix it.
They're not tight at all.

holy smokes z, we might be related. i too bought my pair from Mr.P for cheap, I too blew out the crotch but i was a tubby at the time, and I too begged a female - only this time I had to ask the lady and her two other friends not to point and laugh. it already difficult talking to people at bars without them focusing on your insecurities.

i would also like them more with a higher rise. other than that a great pant for the money.

stich, look at all the fun yourre missing out on

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads