• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots-are they back

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess I'm not man enough.
smile.gif

shoreman80

Reaction score
I wanted to see others opinions. I don't own any boots higher than the ankle, but I was considering these: http://www.bluefly.com/pages....3778377 Do they look reasonable, as in wearable? I know $100 isnt much for boots, but it's still $100 I could spend better elsewhere if I can't wear 'em with jeans.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wanted to see others opinions. I don't own any boots higher than the ankle, but I was considering these: http://www.bluefly.com/pages....3778377 Do they look reasonable, as in wearable? I know $100 isnt much for boots, but it's still $100 I could spend better elsewhere if I can't wear 'em with jeans.
Those are closer in style to motorcycle boots than they are to cowboy boots. They're not exactly what I would be looking for, but you certainly could wear them with jeans and not feel or look stupid. I don't know anything at all, good or bad, about the manufacturer.

styleguy

Reaction score
I commented on this topic some months back.

I'm always wearing my cowboy boots, and get nothing but compliments.

I too would opt for a traditional boot, rather than a designer trade off.

Even Ralph Lauren himself is always wearing authentic cowboy boots.

Can anyone direct me as to where I can buy cowboy boots like those worn by country singers Dwight Yoakam and Sammy Kershaw?  They have super pointed toes, and radically undershot heels for an ultra-cool look.

Can anyone help?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can anyone direct me as to where I can buy cowboy boots like those worn by country singers Dwight Yoakam and Sammy Kershaw? They have super pointed toes, and radically undershot heels for an ultra-cool look.
The Dwight Yoakam and Sammy Kershaw boots that you saw were probably custom-made. I've read that some of Kershaw's boots are made by Bo Riddle. I don't know about Yoakam. It's probably going to be hard to find what you're looking for in factory-made boots. The closest thing would probably be from Rocketbuster. Of course, if you're willing to go the custom route, any number of makers can produce exactly what you want.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Those boots are sick. If they had a pair in my size, I'd snatch 'em up for $100, easy (I'm in the market for a new pair of black motorcycle boots). Fryes last forever, and they make you look that much cooler when you're on your bike.

styleguy

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share that I just bought an INCREDIBLE pair of black, lizard skin cowboy boots. They have extremely pointed toes, and 3", radically undershot heels....they look amazing.....have worn them with nice fitted jeans, and even leathre pants, and have gotten LOTS of compliments.

What boots are YOU guys wearing this season, before it's time to break out the leather slides??

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got two pairs of cowboy boots that I love, but hardly ever wear. I bought one pair (classic cordovan color Tony Lama's) at a store in NYC/Madison Ave. in @1987 and the other I bought in Texas in 1994 (classic black leather - Lucchese's). Here in the Washington, DC area, they are hard to fit into one's wardrobe. I only wear them 2-3 times per year, and then only for a casual evening out with my wife for dinner during the colder months of the year. My office is conservative enough that I would feel a little silly wearing them, even though we've "gone casual" and even though the boots I have are as classic and low key as they come. I suppose I'll keep them forever, as they don't get much wear. The only people who seem to wear them around here are the Texans in town (either tourists or Texan friends of "W").

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless one is Eddie Van Halen or Kid Rock, or female, or perhaps traversing the Outback in snake-proof boots, I can't imagine a situation when it would be appropriate to where pants tucked into the boots. Maybe that's a little extreme, but it's something that I never see on anyone wearing boots.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
In retrospect the question does seem rather silly. The reason I asked was that cowboy boots seem to have workmanship/decoration all the way up the boot, and was curious whether one would expose or hide the boot.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My George W. Bush paper doll set has him in a tux with the pants tucked into some boots with a silhouette of Texas on them. They were a gift... I have yet to play with them. Anyway it seems typical of his level of sophistication and I have heard that he actually did this at a formal function once.

"No, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again, sir." -Col. Sanders, Spaceballs

Brian SD

Reaction score
My George W. Bush paper doll set has him in a tux with the pants tucked into some boots with a silhouette of Texas on them. They were a gift... I have yet to play with them. Anyway it seems typical of his level of sophistication and I have heard that he actually did this at a formal function once. "No, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again, sir." -Col. Sanders, Spaceballs
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads