• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Girl in a tight cocktail dress trying to move a 85pound, that's almost reason enough to get those chairs

Nikos

Reaction score
This doesnt exactly belong here but also doesnt exactly not belong here either. Trying to figure out what to do with the wall above my bed. Dont really know anything about art, dont take any photos, generally at a loss. Would be willing to spend a couple thousand on some sort of solution but dont want to break the bank. The rest of the furniture in the room is pretty simple, rustic wood dresser, oversize leather chair, persian rug etc. What would you guys do?

My taste in photography changes from time to time, but at the moment, I would buy this.

http://stephenshore.net/photographs/B/index.php?page=10&menu=photographs

Stephen Shore is imho one of the best current photographers.

Not sure if it is on sale though.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing about great chairs is the ones that endure sit well and hold up. Look at everything from an eames to a breuer to a barcelona.

As a sculpture the Chair One is interesting. But with the delicate curves of the Tulip Table, there are so many more elegant options to maintain the design vocabulary that you've chosen. But you sound like you prefer the contrast of the chair one.

Abstractly the conical base conceptually aligns with the base of the pedestal table. I just don't think that the multiple pieces of interconnected lines that make up the actual seat have the grace of the table. Had the upper been constructed of the same material with contoured segments, it would have worked better, IMO.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the angular planes of the Chair One contrast very nicely with the circular shape of the Saarinen.

Are you suggesting the upper part of the Chair One would be better if it were also made of concrete? Having trouble understanding your last thought.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foo, just buy the damn things.

Though, a true sadist would put their guests in bertoia chairs....without seat covers.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I already said I'm buying them. I'm not looking for approval, just chatting.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After 5 years on this board, I know better than to think you're seeking approval for your decision. It's usually 'this is the decision i'm considering (already made)' fallowed by graphs, charts and pictures that support your decision in the face of a large group of people who disagree.

It's great entertainment, and in this case, we get to talk about chairs.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where did my Wegner post go....

Oh well... If we are talking about sadist chair Wegner Y chair needs a mention, I don't know how anyone can sit comfortably I those.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saarinen's designs are organic in inspiration and the base of the tulip table seems to come out of the ground then transition into the top. The concrete base is similar but the angular seat breaks the design vernacular of organically inspired curves. My .02.

I think the angular planes of the Chair One contrast very nicely with the circular shape of the Saarinen.

Are you suggesting the upper part of the Chair One would be better if it were also made of concrete? Having trouble understanding your last thought.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do you wear a pink pocket square because your tie is pink?

I understand the Saarinen table is organic in shape. That is exactly why the fractal form of the Chair One is an interesting complement.

I'm not saying it is good just to pick things that are jarring together, but the right kind of contrast in design is ideal. Everything matching too closely is just as bad in interior design as it is in an outfit. Meaningful clashing is a good thing.

Last edited:

twistoffat

Reaction score
Foo, even though I find them impracticle I tip my hat. Its guys like you that actually make sure pieces like this find a home and are created.
Its like Rietfelds Chair, a work of art, but having experienced both I have to say my bum thanks me every day. Post pics when they arrive.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

timthumb.php

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance