• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The beeswax sahara boots show wear immediately, but then settle into a pretty cool state after two or three wearings that does not change much. They mold to your foot. I bought two pairs -- 10 and 10.5 -- not knowing my size. I thought I'd return one but decided to keep both considering the price (paid $40). And now (a month or so later) I wear both. I think because of the way they mold to your feet, you can go up a 1/2 size and not notice a difference. If I put them on blind-folded, I would have a hard time guessing which pair I was wearing, though the 10s were def. much more tight at first.

danilo

Reaction score
Do you have the item number for the sahara boot? BR customer service wasn't very helpful...

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah the leather will definitely stretch. a 10 is stretching to fit on you, a 10.5 is your correct size probably so it own't stretch much.

GY!BE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
Do you have the item number for the sahara boot? BR customer service wasn't very helpful...

yeah **** br customer service

just call a couple br's that have one in stock at all, and then get the employee to get the serial number (and if you want get them to do the nationwide check thing)

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GY!BE
yeah **** br customer service just call a couple br's that have one in stock at all, and then get the employee to get the serial number (and if you want get them to do the nationwide check thing)
LOL worked for me, I'm picking up a 7.5 (usually I'm an 8, I hope the 7.5 fits me well) beeswax Sahara boot for $14.95 haha
bounce2.gif

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chip
Call Clarks or your nearest Clarks retailer. They can order you the Beeswax crack. Free shipping.

Do you know this for a fact? Clarks.com is run by/fulfilled by Zappos. You can't "call" Clarks.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
yeah the leather will definitely stretch. a 10 is stretching to fit on you, a 10.5 is your correct size probably so it own't stretch much.

agreed. i bet the 10 is going to split first too.

unrated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo

Item#: 524763
Color code for Beeswax: 031
Sand Suede: 011

Originally Posted by sygyzy
Do you know this for a fact? Clarks.com is run by/fulfilled by Zappos. You can't "call" Clarks.

I went to my local Clark's store and they did a nationwide search. I paid full price for them but they were shipped to my house for free. I went to Martin + Osa and did the same thing, but ordered the grey ones, they should be coming in tomorrow.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Call any of their retail stores. They'll track a pair down for you if they don't have it in stock and ship it to you where ever you are.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unrated
Item#: 524763
Color code for Beeswax: 031
Sand Suede: 011

I went to my local Clark's store and they did a nationwide search. I paid full price for them but they were shipped to my house for free. I went to Martin + Osa and did the same thing, but ordered the grey ones, they should be coming in tomorrow.

BR carries sand suede as well as beeswax? Cool!

Did you buy the Clarks from BR, Clark's, or Martin + Osa, or all three? Which gray ones? Gray suede?

unrated

Reaction score
BR carries sand suede as well as beeswax? Cool! Did you buy the Clarks from BR, Clark's, or Martin + Osa, or all three? Which gray ones? Gray suede?
All 3. I bought beeswax from Clarks and BR. Bought the grey suede from M + O for 54.99 FYI, I tried to get a pair of sand suede but after doing a nationwide search they told me they didn't have any left.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am trying to find Sand Suede (Clarks version, not BR version) and I can't find it anywhere. Clarks is the only shoe I've found that has so much inventory tied across the board. Sorry, that's confusing. What I mean is that if you go to any major shoe site (shoesonline, zappos, endless), their inventories match. You won't find Sand Suede 8.5 on any for example.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone's help just got a pair of Beeswax in 8.5 from Atlanta. Strangely, they charged me tax even though I insisted they are not supposed to since I am from out of state.

14.97 + $8 shipping + tax = $24.17

Edit: I get it. It must be because the state I am in has BR stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads