• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigars - what's in your humidor?

Aficionado

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Aficionado, great cigar Appreciation!

Thanks. I tried.
smile.gif

Eliasson

Reaction score
I usually do not smoke cigarrs, but when I do it's either Cohibas or Davidoffs. Something I do smoke more often is cigarillos, the long panatella by Davidoff is excellent!

Aficionado

Reaction score
My humidor is getting full.
laugh.gif
11042008242.jpg
Free aftrernoon in the cafe.
smile.gif
16042008243.jpg

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
My humidor is running low... I think it's time to buy another box.

My old standby is Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Epicure. At $65 for a box of 20, it cannot be beat. Another possibility is Alec Bradley MAXX. It's about $90 for 20.

Any recommendations? Something under $100, has a lot of complexity, and is a medium to full bodied smoke.

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
My humidor is running low... I think it's time to buy another box.

My old standby is Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Epicure. At $65 for a box of 20, it cannot be beat. Another possibility is Alec Bradley MAXX. It's about $90 for 20.

Any recommendations? Something under $100, has a lot of complexity, and is a medium to full bodied smoke.

padron 3000 of course! i prefer it in natural but maduro is great too. try both with a 5 pack
bigstar[1].gif

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I smoke about 2 cigars a month with a couple of friends. I like the taste and the subtle nicotine buzz but mostly I like the communal aspect of it. A good cocktail and a cigar gives three friends a good excuse to sit outside and talk about ****. In fact the only thing I don't like about it is the lingering taste the next day, so if anyone has any advice on that I'd love to hear it (brushing my teeth doesn't get it all out). And I tend to avoid them when I'll be interacting with women, even I don't like the smell on someone else if I haven't been smoking.

I smoke a lot of Rocky Patels but I'm under the impression it's not a favored label among serious afficianados.

you gotta scrape your tongue until it hurts
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
that should solve the morning wtf did i eat that cigar? aftertaste.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by padronlover
padron 3000 of course! i prefer it in natural but maduro is great too. try both with a 5 pack
bigstar[1].gif

Mm, I'll be sure to swing by my local TinderBox and give both a try. Thanks!

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aficionado, nice dupont lighter! i was so close to buying one so many times and never pulled the trigger. probably a good thing considering how many lighters/cutters i've lost.

i don't know what it is about the padron 3000 natural but it just has more flavor and depth than the maduro, which is weird since i generally like maduro cigars more.

the weather is getting nicer and i find myself smoking a cigar almost every night. here i come mouth cancer
bounce2.gif

Aficionado

Reaction score
Originally Posted by padronlover
aficionado, nice dupont lighter! i was so close to buying one so many times and never pulled the trigger. probably a good thing considering how many lighters/cutters i've lost.

i don't know what it is about the padron 3000 natural but it just has more flavor and depth than the maduro, which is weird since i generally like maduro cigars more.

the weather is getting nicer and i find myself smoking a cigar almost every night. here i come mouth cancer
bounce2.gif

I am more than satisfied with my Xtend. High quality lighter with nice outlook. I can sincery recommend it.

I totally agree with you about the flavor of 3000 Natural. It is more complex and smoother than in the Maduro. Unfortunately Padron 3000 Natural costs 14,90€/cigar here in Finland (over USD23), so I need to buy them from cheaper countries.
frown.gif
Well the most important thing is I have 20 Padron 3000 Natural in my humidor.
smile.gif

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aficionado
I am more than satisfied with my Xtend. High quality lighter with nice outlook. I can sincery recommend it.

I totally agree with you about the flavor of 3000 Natural. It is more complex and smoother than in the Maduro. Unfortunately Padron 3000 Natural costs 14,90€/cigar here in Finland (over USD23), so I need to buy them from cheaper countries.
frown.gif
Well the most important thing is I have 20 Padron 3000 Natural in my humidor.
smile.gif

ouch that hurts...i don't even wanna ask you how much the anniversaries cost
lol8[1].gif

you can't beat 5 packs of padron 3000 for 17 bucks from that link i posted
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above that the padron 3000 natural is one of the best bang for your buck sticks out there

Aficionado

Reaction score
Yeah. 35 euros for the Padron 1964 Anniversary Piramide (~USD55)
teacha.gif

It´s pity there´s not many US cigar store sending to Finland.
frown.gif
Another thing is the customs office. Ordering cigars from USA is quite expensive and at the moment I have no friends to send cigars as a "gift". Well luckily I travel pretty much around the world where I can buy cheaper cigars.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads