• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The proportions are exactly what would expect from a mid-engine car. I don't like the 4C due to the detailing, not its proportions--although, it is certainly a bulkier looking car than the Elise, which is very low-profile.

As for the black plastic: it is there, but I don't think there is an egregious quantity of it. Most cars, even very expensive ones, have a similar amount of black plastic molding--usually to make openings look bigger and cut down on apparent surface area.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
R&T says this about the 4C:

"Approaching in the oncoming lane, the mid-engined Alfa Romeo 4C looks every bit as exotic as a Ferrari. It has, after all, about the same width-to-height proportions as a 458 Italia. It is impossibly wide, incredulously low, and breathtakingly beautiful."

And in comparison to the Cayman and waterbug:

Oh, and with its proportions—2.5 inches wider and 4.3 inches lower—and gorgeous looks, it makes twice the visual statement. .. (The 4C is much closer in size to a Lotus Elise. The Lotus is 6.4 inches shorter—but it’s a massive 5.7 inches narrower, too. Cute car, but it’s got nothing on the Alfa, proportions-wise.)

And most disappointingly (and this could be somewhat of a spoiler, even at $54k base price)

When pushed about the U.S.-spec 4C, Alfa Romeo engineers started quoted all kinds of different changes. Some are due to regulations (side and knee airbags), some to customer tastes (air conditioning, a moveable passenger seat, a radio—things that American car buyers expect for 50 grand. Or 15, for that matter.) Alfa Romeo brand boss Harald Wester smiled and said the weight penalty could perhaps be 100 pounds. But the engineers admitted the U.S. cars could weigh more than 2500 lb.

Before you panic, remember that a 2500-lb 4C would still be nearly 500 lb lighter than a Porsche Cayman.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aand before we get TOO excited, let's remember that reliability-wise, Alfas are utter pieces of ****. But their owners still love them, my father included. His hasn't run in 3 years but he refuses to get rid of it

Last edited:

j944

Reaction score
I love this forum. So many common interests. I feel at home.

Wifes and the weekender

The DD

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This to me is more representative of cars on the streets. You think this is gorgeous too?

I don't like to argue about cars because it's like arguing about girls but I just don't get this car. It doesn't look like a production car to me, looks like someone took a miata or solstice an added a ton of body kit ****. I'm sure it's a great drivers car but I hate the design.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I always love how every e46 has bits of rice on it.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm on my phone so the picture is small and I couldn't make out what you were talking about.

And then I saw it.

Meh. It could be worse.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
can't get over how ugly it is, hope that's not the final steering wheel either

hate the throttle blip on manual why? they can't just leave the manual alone

everything else is impressive especially that torque curve

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy light weight batman!

Booooo at the electric steering.

Was amused at the graph showing the gains in HP / Torque throughout the years / generations where it shows the exponential leap in torque after the e90/92 with the introduction of turbochargers in the f80. Before that, it's all pretty linear, which makes sense, given that all the previous engines were all naturally-aspirated.

So long, S65 :(.

I want to own an e92 in dct, e46 in manual, e30 in manual, and my e60 m5.

All at the same time.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok. the admins at bimmerpost got a hold of the BMW press release regarding the new M3 M4. quite a bit more impressive than even the more recent reports/speculation

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892746

ACTIVE SOUND
  • Live amplification of the S55 engine's natural sounds into the passenger cabin (via stereo speakers)
  • No artificially generated sound or pre-recorded track being played

Really BMW? Really?

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
apparently so, they did it with the m5 too you didn't know?

between that, stupid throttle blip, ugly exterior it's been ruled out for me

even stupid porsche is out, i'm about to stop being a car fan as nobody makes proper ones anymore

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads