• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina double monk GMTO

LTDL

Reaction score
Actually I ask Skoaktiebolaget and they said that the model is with captoe. The model without the cap toe seems to be only available for the armoury.
So the model that will be put online shortly will be a double monk strap in the inca last with captoe, brown museum calf, silver buckles, leather sole (those who like tomir or else can always ask a cobbler to add an under sole).

The captoe is not my preference but that was not a deal breaker and in any cases it is not possible.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GF has a plain toe DM on Rain. Carmina direct also offer it on Inca. Or at least they have through a GMTO. So its not Armoury specific...

I think it will look better with a Cap anyways.

Aerostat

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm still in if the pricing is the same. I just checked Carmina's website and all the shoes I had been watching appear to have jumped up nearly $100.00 US from a week ago ($350 up to $450).

I am also fine with a cap toe, brown museum calf, silver buckles, and a leather sole. My only real concern at this point is getting the sizing right. It looks like the Inca last only comes in EE so that could be an issue as I wear a 11-US D-width and have never worn a Carmina shoe before. As I understand it, I am supposed to email Skoaktiebolaget after we place the order to work out the sizing, is that correct? Any thoughts on the width of the last?

LTDL

Reaction score
@ Aerostat regarding the price, Carmina shoes have never been at 350$, more on the 400$ range, however you have to consider the VAT discharged that you will get from Skoaktiebolaget if your are not European. For the sizing issue, I would advise you to contact Skoaktiebolaget directly, they are really competent and will help you better than I can.

For the other the GMTO link is now live http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...osit-carmina-double-monk-in-brown-museum-calf

Please consider, as it is written that the shoes colour in the picture is not the colour ordered.

tempest

Reaction score
@ Aerostat regarding the price, Carmina shoes have never been at 350$, more on the 400$ range, however you have to consider the VAT discharged that you will get from Skoaktiebolaget if your are not European. For the sizing issue, I would advise you to contact Skoaktiebolaget directly, they are really competent and will help you better than I can.

For the other the GMTO link is now live http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...osit-carmina-double-monk-in-brown-museum-calf

Please consider, as it is written that the shoes colour in the picture is not the colour ordered.
From the first page:
Quote: I just went to order and it was $250 deposit (i.e. 50% of total, so $500, not $378).

decumulate

Reaction score
I just sent an email to confirm pricing in the above link for US customers. It's not clear whether the $500 total is before or after VAT. If after VAT, then you should get about ~100 USD back bringing the total price to very close to the original quoted price.

decumulate

Reaction score
I asked two things: 1) is shipping included, and 2) will US customers receive a VAT back? This is the message I got back.

"We offer free shipping for all orders over $50 to the US. We ship with FedEx and any customs fees or handling fees are included in the final price. This means that the USD 500 will be the final price you pay for these shoes."

Therefore, I think the original price was a bit off. It sounds like $500 is the final.

Last edited:

LTDL

Reaction score
It seems quite wrong to me actually.

If the full price is really 3280 SEK that is actually 400 $.
Only European will pay 4100 SEK which is around 440 euros.

decumulate

Reaction score
I asked for exact clarification as even that by Skoak response didn't seem quite correct. Here's what I got back:

Me: "Ok, but we should not expect to receive the VAT back on this $500 USD price. Is that correct?"

Skoak: "That is correct"

Me: "Ok - I just want to make sure this is correct as I think this may kill the GMTO otherwise. Another styleforum member quoted a response that said the price was 3280 SEK EXCLUDING Vat. This works out to about $400. Are you saying that US customers are charged the VAT as well?"
Skoak: Since we launched our US website about a week ago, all US customers are quoted a USD price including all taxes and shipping charges. VAT is not included but all other charges are included in the price. This is to make it more clear to the customer what the final price will be. So that's that. We could check with carmina or armory and see if it's different

Last edited:

Aerostat

Reaction score
If the final price comes in at $400 then I will pull the trigger but $500 pushes me over the edge. I did go back and find the pricing from last month btw. Here is a screen shot from their website if you are interested. @LTDL you are correct that the monk strap shoes were not $350 US but rather ~$400 however as you can see many of their shoes were ~$365 (318 EU) and are now going for $100 more. Seems unfortunate that we are now being asked to fork out the extra money for the same product.

Last edited:

decumulate

Reaction score
I am also asking Skoak to honor the last month prices considering interest was built on the old numbers

Cylon

Reaction score
I am also in on this. I love the museum calf but like the simpson last--not a dealbreaker though.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads