1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Carmina double monk GMTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LTDL, Sep 6, 2015.

1. decumulate

decumulate Active Member

I asked for exact clarification as even that by Skoak response didn't seem quite correct. Here's what I got back:

Me: "Ok, but we should not expect to receive the VAT back on this $500 USD price. Is that correct?"

Skoak: "That is correct"

Me: "Ok - I just want to make sure this is correct as I think this may kill the GMTO otherwise. Another styleforum member quoted a response that said the price was 3280 SEK EXCLUDING Vat. This works out to about $400. Are you saying that US customers are charged the VAT as well?"
    Skoak: Since we launched our US website about a week ago, all US customers are quoted a USD price including all taxes and shipping charges. VAT is not included but all other charges are included in the price. This is to make it more clear to the customer what the final price will be. So that's that. We could check with carmina or armory and see if it's different

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Aerostat

Aerostat Well-Known Member

If the final price comes in at $400 then I will pull the trigger but $500 pushes me over the edge. I did go back and find the pricing from last month btw. Here is a screen shot from their website if you are interested. @LTDL you are correct that the monk strap shoes were not $350 US but rather ~$400 however as you can see many of their shoes were ~$365 (318 EU) and are now going for $100 more. Seems unfortunate that we are now being asked to fork out the extra money for the same product.

[​IMG]

3. decumulate

decumulate Active Member

Let's check elsewhere. It seems like Skoak jacked up prices just last week to us customers.

4. decumulate

decumulate Active Member

I am also asking Skoak to honor the last month prices considering interest was built on the old numbers

5. Cylon

Cylon Well-Known Member

I am also in on this. I love the museum calf but like the simpson last--not a dealbreaker though.

6. Aerostat

If Skoak won't do it for the old price I may have a lead on someone who will. I don't want to out the vendor so I'll PM @LTDL with the info.

7. Aerostat

Also, I just came across this shoe: https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4335 Its a dark brown museum calf double monk that is hand welted. I do not know much abour meermin but they appear to be fairly similar to the shoe we are all after.

8. LTDL

LTDL Active Member

Meermin is utter crap. I have two pairs from them, it is a mix of bad finish, poor quality and bad design. However, I concede you that their pictures look usually fine.

9. manasdirge

manasdirge Well-Known Member

how did they compare to other entry level makers like loake?

10. chenm0416

chenm0416 Well-Known Member

Has anyone confirmed if we can still get this for $400 through Skoak of you're in the US?

11. decumulate

decumulate Active Member

The price will be $500 at Skoak, definitively. Skoak raised their prices last week and confirmed that they will not honor last weeks prices. They mentioned that they've highlighted the pending price increase for awhile. I've also checked at other sources and the $500 price seems on par with all Carmina prices for Double Monks now (prices raised to ~$450 for other shoes). Aerostat - want to check with your other lead?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  12. PapaRankin

PapaRankin New Member

Guys, are we still doing this GTMO? I have a lead who will do it for €338 ex VAT (~$375).Price includes shipping and will require 50% deposit. Let me know if anyone is interested in going that route. It's significantly lower than Skoak's.

13. decumulate

decumulate Active Member

Im down at that price.

14. chenm0416

chenm0416 Well-Known Member

I wish this was in brown calf instead of the museum. I would definitely be in at that price then.

15. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

@chenm0416 carmina directly and armoury both sell the double monk in brown calf

16. Aerostat

I'm in at that price as well.

17. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

IF brown museum, captor and old price I'm in.

18. Colrais

Colrais Well-Known Member

I tried on these very shoes in brown calf at the trunk show last weekend. Captoe or no, at this price I am in.

That makes five of us so far:
    sarteaga
    Aerostat
    threeleggeddog (decumulate)
    PapaRankin
    myself

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  19. Redacted

Redacted Member

I'm interested - I can go either way with the captoe. What's the current status?

20. PapaRankin

PapaRankin New Member

Looks like we have 6 people to start the GMTO. Can you please confirm your sizes ? You will receive a link to the GMTO organizer for the 50% deposit after I forward him the details.

sarteaga -
    Aerostat -
    threeleggeddog (decumulate) -
    PapaRankin - size 10.5UK
    Redacted -
    Colrais -

Shoe Details:

Carmina 80250 Double Monks - Inca last
    Brown Museum Calf
    Leather Sole
    Silver buckles
    Natural Lining