• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Car Seat Covers

Bananafish

Reaction score
I just took a new lease on a 2011 Imprezza five-door and because of an incredible deal that I couldn't pass up on a floor demo (with 0km!) and because of the disasters overseas and serious shortage of vehicles right now -- I went with a black fabric interior. It's the first car I've driven without leather seating and I don't really mind... BUT they pick up every speck of dust, lint, etc and will turn into radiators under he summer sun. I want to find some classy or sporty looking covers online, and don't mind paying for high quality. I've no clue where to look though, as I've never needed to look into this before. Any suggestions or advice to offer?

Thanks!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
really? If you find cloth unpleasant in the summers, I don't think you're looking for leather seating man.

Bananafish

Reaction score
I've had lather seating for the past (almost) ten years, but always in light colors - tan, cream, grey.

This is the first car I've owned with a black interior. This past weekend was really sunny and warm, but I could already feel that it will be sweltering in the hot months. I'd like to find some kind of contrast covers to place over the seats. Nothing customized or outrageous as it's still a lease... but something that would work. The fact that it attracts dust, lint, hairs, etc and EVERYTHING shows because it's black fabric, is also very annoying. For the sake of keeping the interior clean looking without brushing down the fabric every week, I think covers would be a good idea.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buy one of those foil looking covers for your windshield. Crack open your windows during short term parking and while in a decent neighborhood (as long as you're not the type to leave a lot of things lying around in your car).

Bananafish

Reaction score
Those foil shield covers look dreadful though and must be a pain to lug around and pull out all the time.

90% of my looking into seat covers is also as mentioned, because the black fabric that I currently have is a magnet for dust, lint and hair. I was looking at Coverking and they seem to offer beautiful full seat, head and arm rest covers in the $200-300 range, which is exactly what I'm looking to spend. I don't mind paying in the range of $400 to have the front seats done up. I just wanted to get some feedback from others as I know nothing of what's available and considered to be of quality on the market..

turboman808

Reaction score
Sounds like you made a very poor choice. Just leave the car alone, you don't own it and it's going to cost you 3k-5k to do all this and then put it back to stock once done.

Bananafish

Reaction score
Why did I make a poor choice?

I don't want to spend a thousand dollars... are seat covers not relatively easy to have fitted and placed over existing fabrics?

I certainyl don't intend to do any sort of modifications on the vehicle. My understanding are that these are purchased and sized to fit your car's model, based ont eh type of current seats you have installed. So a neoprene cover could essentially be fitted right over yoru seat rather easily. Isn't this the way it goes?

I don't intend to mess with the stock seats or put anything in that can't be easily removed. I have the car for 3 years and if I can get two front seat covers for $400-600 max. (I wouldn't pay more on this vehicle) then it would be worth it, for added comfort and convenience. They would not be custom installs.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You can get decent sheepskin covers for that much and they are very comfy in hot weather. I'm not sure if they are considered classy or whatever, but my HS friend had them in his old BMW and they were nice to sit on and looked pretty decent IMO.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In China everyone pimps out their cars with various seat coverings, and I've actually considered doing it if I get a minivan or something (which I am sort of considering). I think they're really cheap - just simple cloth coverings can be done relatively tastefully and would certainly keep things cooler.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
People in Asia literally put men's XL-sized tee shirts on their seatbacks - take the headrest off, put tee on, put head rest back on through the neckline.
lol8[1].gif
Me and my friends all had old Europeans cars when we were in high school, and those lambskin shearling seat covers that j talked about were the ****! Those were the height of class, like $400 each or something for the nice ones that were custom fitted to all 3 parts of the seat. If you had those, you were ballin, and they lasted forever so they just stayed with the cars. They'd look nice in something like LabelKing's 450SL.
redface.gif

pgd3

Reaction score
No seat cover is ever classy, its just like having a futon.

And cloth doesn't wear as well as leather (duh).

As far as heat that's a regional thing, shaded parking spots, window covers, cracking a sky light etc. are all acceptable.

what are the terms of the lease in re: seat damage?

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pgd3
No seat cover is ever classy, its just like having a futon.

And cloth doesn't wear as well as leather (duh).

As far as heat that's a regional thing, shaded parking spots, window covers, cracking a sky light etc. are all acceptable.

what are the terms of the lease in re: seat damage?

There are 2 types of seat covers. Those that you slip over the seats and those that are a replacement for the seat. In other words it repalces the fabric on the seat. THe fabric on the seat is called a seat cover. So it's confusing when they are both used to describe the same thing.

If you really wanted to do this just order the covers from Subaru. I still don't see how it will be as cheap as everyone makes it sound but good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads