• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can't find the specific clothing i like, looking for specific finds

nicecloth3s

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can provide any specific items / places that may have what i need based off the specifications i am looking for in the specific garments i want. Overall, i can't find a good enough fitting men's plain t shirt, that is reasonably priced, and the same goes for many other things, shorts, dress shirts, jogger pants, cardigans / sweaters, etc. So i do not give too much information at once, i'll just start with one thing at a time and see if anyone can find anything close to it, and im ready to give more detailed information as well.

The first thing i'm looking for is men's ( non denim ) drawstring shorts in a true black / jet black color that are more of a "slim fit", and have a mid rise, with mostly cotton / natural material mixed in with spandex, although the spandex may not be required, but the ones i find that fit better, usually have 1-2 percent spandex. other things the shorts need to have is no less than 8 inch inseam and no more than 9 inch, though worst case scenario could be the inseam being longer, and im fine with possibly tailoring them, but unfortunately, i have not been able to find anything in this route, because the shorts still are either too wide in leg opening / big overall or have other problems, like not being mid rise, color not good, etc.

i have posted a link / attachment of the closest thing i found for the shorts, but unfortunately, they have been out of stock in my size small for a very long time, they are the "george" brand men's shorts from walmart, also my waist is about 30 inches and hips are about 34 inches if that helps:

Attachments

• George Mens Twill Pull On Shorts mid rise walmart brand 98 percent cotton 2 percent spandex.jpeg
    George Mens Twill Pull On Shorts mid rise walmart brand 98 percent cotton 2 percent spandex.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 138

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting the sense that you are expecting people here to serve as a glorified search engine for clothing with a very detailed set of specifications in mind.

I don't think you'll get very far with this approach to dressing TBH, especially if you're hoping to get through an entire wardrobe in this manner. It's not like buying a graphics card for your computer.

rjc149

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can provide any specific items / places that may have what i need based off the specifications i am looking for in the specific garments i want.
If you're a male over 18, Land's End, Banana Republic, and J. Crew should have your bases covered for decent quality, affordable casual menswear in current style. Find a mall with one or more of these stores, along with an anchor department store, and just try stuff on. See what you like. If you're finicky about fit, you need to put in the effort to find clothing that fits the way you want. Computers can't do this for you. Maybe someday though.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A tailor might be willing to shorten a pair of shorts if the length is the sole issue, less likely if there's spandex.

A fitness-centered forum is more likely than this place to point to an ideal version of that specific item.

Image consultants tend to do the piece-by-piece hunting - which is a reason money is charged, for that aspect can be tedious. Some items are more pleasurable to shop for than others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads