• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

Royal42

Reaction score

jediroger

Reaction score
Yeah I saw his listings on eBay but wow the prices are crazy. I wonder what the declined offers look like. I think the seller just ordered a bunch of CG jackets hoping to cash in when people needed them for christmas presents.

linds_15

Reaction score

Hi, what does this mean? Sorry, I'm not sure what is really happening, Canada Goose will no longer be Canadian company?

bain capital bought a controlling share of the canada goose, we don't know how much. they say that for now nothing will change, and that they bought in to provide capital for international growth. we don't know anything for sure though, or how hands on they will be in the operations

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Canada Goose, I don't think you can buy a breed of animal. ;)

It's their private equity branch, has INVESTED an amount of money in the company, for it to be able to grow, which normally means they are passive and get x amount of money for each $, they have invested. (normally 15-30%).

It's not uncommon for venture capital firms to buy high end brands and help them grow and then unhand them Fung Capital, Kering etc. etc. all own a lot of luxury brands.

Last edited:

pasteurisation

Reaction score
bain capital bought a controlling share of the canada goose, we don't know how much. they say that for now nothing will change, and that they bought in to provide capital for international growth. we don't know anything for sure though, or how hands on they will be in the operations
Good to know this. Thanks for your explanation. So Can I assume that Canada Goose could move all manufacturing process to Asia if Bain Capital decided to so in order to make bigger profit & to cut labour fee or etc?

chinesealpha

Reaction score
I doubt they'll move production overseas, at least for their down jackets. They've been manufacturing in Canada since the beginning. Secondary products like shells, softshells, and commemorative mugs perhaps...

linds_15

Reaction score

Good to know this. Thanks for your explanation. So Can I assume that Canada Goose could move all manufacturing process to Asia if Bain Capital decided to so in order to make bigger profit & to cut labour fee or etc?

nothing is forsure. they have an manufacturing setup in canada already, if they blow up internationally, and need more manufacturing, china may come into play. i could see them doing some lines or products there, but keeping their flagship pieces at the canadian factory, as a "heritage" or "classic" collection or something.

pasteurisation

Reaction score
The Canada Goose, I don't think you can buy a breed of animal.
wink.gif

It's their private equity branch, has INVESTED an amount of money in the company, for it to be able to grow, which normally means they are passive and get x amount of money for each $, they have invested. (normally 15-30%).

It's not uncommon for venture capital firms to buy high end brands and help them grow and then unhand them Fung Capital, Kering etc. etc. all own a lot of luxury brands.
OK, it is an investment. My question now is; why does Bain Capital invest in Canada Goose & why does Canada Goose need to be invested?
I'm imagining something like stock though. Can you explain me a little more? Sorry for my ignorance.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you should be lol

Wo Cao

Reaction score
OK, it is an investment. My question now is; why does Bain Capital invest in Canada Goose & why does Canada Goose need to be invested?
I'm imagining something like stock though. Can you explain me a little more? Sorry for my ignorance.
There are a number of reasons why Bain Capital would have invested in Canada Goose. Their balance sheets could have been bad, their market share could be in jeopardy, or they could simply be looking to expand and become a larger company. Venture capital firms have a bad reputation for no reason. Most of the time, they try to revitalize the companies they invest in so that they can make more money.

I do not think it's wise to assume that just because a venture capital firm invests in a company that said company will move its production overseas. It's certainly possible, but Canada Goose is a luxury brand with a very particular customer base.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member