• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

Bsides

Reaction score
Oh god. I aspire never to live anywhere cold enough to require a jacket that ugly.

But if its warm as **** and its unreasonably cold, then 700 bucks is probably a bargain!

doink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Thanks. I'm torn between sizes. I think I'm going to be in between a Medium and Large but I'm going to try the medium first because I hate baggy jackets. Shouldn't be any problems though. I think you could stand in a hurricane with a Gore Tex Pro shell and not get wet.

I would suggest sizing up in the arcteryx. They tend to fit slim as they are designed for active wear. this is especially true if you plan on layering underneath.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by doink
I would suggest sizing up in the arcteryx. They tend to fit slim as they are designed for active wear. this is especially true if you plan on layering underneath.

Thanks. Maybe I'll do that. I was looking at people's sizing comments and it still looks like I'll be between sizes but I guess it's better to have it a little too big then a little too small.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
What is a good CG for temperatures below 0? You mentioned the constable was good for temperatures above zero, but what about somewhere like in Ottawa where I could be freezing ****** off at -40?

No man, I didnt mean that, I meant the constable can be used comfortably with a tshirt and fully unzipped in not-so-cold weather (like between 0-5 C or so) but it can also most definitely still keep you pretty warm and comfortable in super cold weather, just fully zipped and a couple of layers underneath (tshirt+sweater), I've used mine in Toronto for the past 3 winters without any issues, and I walk in downtown bay street windchill clusterfuck weather man daily so its good for at least the -20's to -30's C.

Now if you really want something for more extreme weather, then get the resolute, it may be overkill but then again I dont know winters in Ottawa so who knows, another model to consider would be the expedition, which would be kinda in-between the constable and resolute models.

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
Anyone know what sizing is like for the Constables? I ordered an XS and I'm hoping that will fit alright, I tried on a small in the Expedition and it was gargantuan on me.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned
Anyone know what sizing is like for the Constables? I ordered an XS and I'm hoping that will fit alright, I tried on a small in the Expedition and it was gargantuan on me.

I was talking to Gordon at BIG and he said you generally have to size down 1-2 sizes of what you normally wear with all CG's so you should be good with the XS if the small was big.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
So.. for these jackets can you take out the logo with a seam ripper?

Yes... its very easily removed

And sizing down 2 is a good standard but do note that the constable is a bit less bulky/puffy than the expedition so fit is a bit looser when comparing same sizes, for instance I'm a 36R and wear a 3XS in the constable, but wear a 2XS in the expedition and chilliwack and these even feel a bit tighter than the 3XS constable because of that extra filler.

flytothesky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
Yes... its very easily removed

And sizing down 2 is a good standard but do note that the constable is a bit less bulky/puffy than the expedition so fit is a bit looser when comparing same sizes, for instance I'm a 36R and wear a 3XS in the constable, but wear a 2XS in the expedition and chilliwack and these even feel a bit tighter than the 3XS constable because of that extra filler.

I also want to remove the patch....... When you used a seam ripper did it cause any damage? I don't like branding of any kind on my jacket but i also don't want to damage it because i can live with the patch. I paid pretty good money for it and i don't want to ruin my jacket.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Definitely size down on the Constable, bought it online in my size and it was big. Aside from the size factor, its also the stuff like the neck guards for example (I know its their selling point of no cold getting through) that makes it uncomfortable. I feel like I was wearing a armor coat.

The Chilliwack should be standard size. Its designed to be slimmer, almost a female coat.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flytothesky
I also want to remove the patch....... When you used a seam ripper did it cause any damage? I don't like branding of any kind on my jacket but i also don't want to damage it because i can live with the patch. I paid pretty good money for it and i don't want to ruin my jacket.
You just have to be patient and go slow, if you're not sure you can pull it off yourself, take it to a taylor, he'll take it out carefully for you and charge you a pretty penny for it too ;-) ^^^ and NO, aint no such thing as standard sizing in any down-filled CG jackets, and that includes the chilliwack. Also neck protectors on the constable? what exactly are you talking about? do you mean the 2-snap chin flap on the hood? thats removable btw and you dont have to button it either when using the hood, I actually find the constable to be the most comfortable model to wear out of all the CG down-filled line, different strokes I guess.

hchc

Reaction score
anyway to get a fit pic/measurements of you in that xxs chilliwack? I was thinking of getting one but can't decide between xs or xxs hmmm

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchc
anyway to get a fit pic/measurements of you in that xxs chilliwack? I was thinking of getting one but can't decide between xs or xxs hmmm

If you think your in between sizes I would go for the bigger one. It's a heavy winter coat and down filled. You want it to be bigger and don't want to risk the arms being too short or anything. You're not going to get a slim fit no matter what anyway. Check out the Japanese line though. That stuff is cut slimmer.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a constable? I was thinking of getting one but I'm not so sure about those side zippers. They seem like they would look marsupialed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads