• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson (TOYO).. & William Gibson

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Buzz Rickson Mil-Spec Basketball Sneakers & The Buzz Rickson x Porter Wallets and Bags
Buzz Rickson has just done their first set of sneakers and released a capsule collection of wallets and bags done with Japan's famed Porter bag company.

Buzz Rickson has reproduced the exact US Government Issue sneakers given to the US Military to play basketball in. Made to the same specifications as the ones issued in 1979 by the US Government complete with mid-sole glue markings. Leave it to Buzz Rickson to reproduce even the glue markings left on the sneakers from the original ones made in the 70's. Fully made in Japan out of 100% cotton canvas, steel eyelets, and a natural rubber sole.

The Buzz Rickson x Porter capsule collection consists of two wallets and a briefcase. All made of mil-spec heavy nylon twill bodies, cam lock Crown zippers, Porter original brass buttons, and complete with Buzz Rickson and Porter branding throughout.

All these items are available now at all of our stores and online.

Shop Buzz Rickson Online

br_sneaker_01-680x1025.jpg

br_sneaker_02-1025x680.jpg

br_sneaker_06-1025x680.jpg

br_sneaker_05-1025x680.jpg

br_wallet_navy_01-680x1025.jpg

br_wallet_navy_07-1025x680.jpg

br_wallet_olive_01v3-680x1025.jpg

br_wallet_olive_04-1025x680.jpg

br_briefcase_01-680x1025.jpg

br_briefcase_02-1025x680.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Buzz Rickson x William Gibson Jackets, CPO Shirts, & Scarves
Buzz Rickson has just released the first half of their new winter collection including the updated L-2B flight jacket from their William Gibson line.

The L-2B is a great choice for those wanting a MA-1 jacket but don't need the super warm wool lining which makes the MA-1 somewhat difficult to wear in warmer climates.

Our favorite piece from this collection is their new reversible herringbone camo jacket, great for all seasons and super versatile.

Shop Buzz Rickson Online

br_l2b_01-680x1025.jpg

br_l2b_06-1025x680.jpg

br_l2b_07-1025x680.jpg

br_camo_jkt_01-680x1025.jpg

br_camo_jkt_13-680x1025.jpg

br_camo_jkt_06-1025x680.jpg

brxwg_peacoat_01-680x1025.jpg

brxwg_peacoat_07-1025x680.jpg

BR_NAVY_01-682x1025.jpg

br_scarf_01-681x1025.jpg

br_scarf_04-1025x680.jpg

geremy

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the right thread for impressions but I have purchased several buzz items recently and wanted to record my findings since reviews have been hard to find. I have bought:

Buzz Rickson x William Gibson MA-1 (size 44 long)
Buzz Rickson second model 1942 Tanker (slash pocket, size 42)
2 Buzz Rickson loopwheeled sweatshirts (oatmeal and gray size XL)

I'm 5'10" not thin somewhat athletic build. Large shoulders and chest (42" almost exactly) and thin hips.

First the MA-1 impression: The quality was unexpected. It really is astounding in the weight of the fabric and construction details. I'm certain as long as I don't lose it my 8 year old son will be wearing it at some point. It is also incredibly warm. Warmer than some ski jackets I have! Oh, and obnoxiously shiny. I definitely dig it but others might not. I went for the William Gibson model for a couple of reasons, but I'm not certain I'd do it again. I wanted the taper and slim fit because I already look somewhat top heavy. I also wanted a bit more length to wear with untucked shirts. I tried the 42L originally but it felt tight in the shoulders and I really couldn't layer with it. I bumped to the 44L. It's super comfortable and I can fit a heavy wool sweater underneath but it does look pretty puffy. Especially in the shoulders! I wonder if I should have gone with the more normal fit 42R. My original rationale for the purchase was that my main jacket previously was a Filson Mackinaw (older version size 38). The Filson looks great but it's not very wind resistant and it is a pain to put on and take off. The Buzz ma-1 is much more comfortable. I'm not sure I pull it off very well but I enjoy wearing it, a lot. It's my favorite clothing item. I also want to mention that the exterior and interior pockets are very shallow; If your going to hold something like a phone inside, they need to be buttoned. Couple more things are that the front is considerably longer than the back, and though the sleeves are supposedly tapered, they are still pretty high volume overall.

Buzz Rickson 1942 tanker: I just got this one. Since I bought a black mA-1 I wanted a second color to wear with more brown getups. Also wanted a shorter jacket for different fits. The color is a bit unexpected. Much more green than I thought but I'm happy about that. I was afraid I'd open the box and it would be too brown. The green is very neutral and can be worn with anything. The fit is exactly as believed. Roomy but short. To be honest this one looks like it was tailored to my body, but the materials are much less substantial than the ma-1 so it drapes a bit better. Not positive yet but the buzz tanker seems pretty warm too! More of an all temp jacket, whereas then ma-1 is really too warm above 55-60 degrees imo. Construction quality again is pretty flawless; This really means a lot with the price. I have read other reviews of the buzz jacket but those were older, prior to 2010. I believe they have changed a couple of things since then. The color seems more green and the wool lining looks (appearance wise) slightly more like an original tanker. However, I was disappointed to see on the tag in the pocket that the lining is 90% wool and 10% nylon. That is not like the original tanker and shouldn't be present in a replica costing this much! The zipper is also a bit hard to get started, not the fault of the material but the design of the jacket. The slash pockets are awesome and super deep so you can throw a phone and sunglasses in there and not really worry about them. I'm 90% happy. I would be 99% happy with 100% wool.

The sweatshirts also look tailored for me. Perfect fit in the shoulders. Trim, but I can also squeeze an oxford/chambray underneath to dress it up a bit. Super soft and it feels like wearing a nice blanket. The length for me is spot on. I can't compare to other loop wheeled items, my only other sweatshirts are American giant and I won't wear those outside the house now that I have got the Buzzes! The way the bottom hem rides up just a bit really makes them look fantastic. Sleeve length is also great (I'm 16.5"x34" slim in dress shirts). I highly recommend them just for the fit, but the construction and fabric weight make these phenomenal. After I received the first one I immediately ordered a second color.

Last edited:

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the right thread for impressions but I have purchased several buzz items recently and wanted to record my findings since reviews have been hard to find. I have bought:

I'm 5'10" not thin somewhat athletic build. Large shoulders and chest (42" almost exactly) and thin hips.

Thanks for the reviews! would definitely be interested in seeing some fit pics

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

First the MA-1 impression: The quality was unexpected. It really is astounding in the weight of the fabric and construction details. I'm certain as long as I don't lose it my 8 year old son will be wearing it at some point. It is also incredibly warm. Warmer that some ski jackets I have! Oh, and obnoxiously shiny. I definitely dig it but others might not. I went for the William Gibson model for a couple of reasons, but I'm not certain I'd do it again. I wanted the taper and slim fit because I already look somewhat top heavy. I also wanted a bit more length to wear with untucked shirts. I tried the 42L originally but it felt tight in the shoulders and I really couldn't layer with it. I bumped to the 44L. It's super comfortable and I can fit a heavy wool sweater underneath but it does look pretty puffy. Especially in the shoulders. I wonder if I should have gone with the more normal fit 42. I should state that my rationale for the purchase is that my main jacket until the purchase was a filson Mackinaw (older version size 38). The filson looks great but it's not very wind resistant and is a pain to put on and take off. The buzz ma-1 is much more comfortable. I'm not sure I pull it off that well but I enjoy wearing it, a lot. It's my favorite clothing item. I also want to mention that the exterior and interior pockets are very shallow and if your going to hold something like a phone inside, they need to be buttoned. Couple more things are that the front is considerably longer than the back, and though the sleeved are supposedly tapered, the are still pretty high volume overall.

Buzz Rickson 1942 tanker: I just got this one. Since I bought a black mA-1 I wanted a second color to wear with more brown getups. Also wanted a shorter jacket for different fits. The color is a bit unexpected. Much more green than I thought but I'm happy about that. I was afraid I'd open the box and it would be too brown. The green is very neutral and can be worn with anything. The fit is exactly as believed. Roomy but short. To be honest this one looks like it was tailored to my body, but the materials are much less substantial than them ma-1 so it drapes a bit better. Not positive yet but the buzz tanker seems pretty warm too! More of an all temp jacket, whereas then ma-1 is really too warm above 55-60 degrees imo. Construction quality again is pretty flawless. It really means a lot with the price. I have read other reviews of the buzz jacket but those were older, prior to 2010. I believe they have changed a couple of things since then. The color seems more green and the wool lining looks (appearance wise) slightly more like an original tanker. However, I was disappointed to see on the tag in the pocket that the lining is 90% wool and 10% nylon. That is not like the original tanker and shouldn't be present in a replica costing this much! The zipper is also a bit hard to get started, not the fault of the material but the design of the jacket. The slash pockets are awesome and super deep so you can throw a phone and sunglasses in there and not really worry about them. I'm 90% happy. I would be 99% happy with 100% wool.

The sweatshirts also look tailored for me. Perfect fit in the shoulders. Trim, but I can also squeeze an oxford/chambray underneath to dress it up a bit. Super soft and it feels like wearing a nice blanket. The length for me is spot on. I can't compare to other loop wheeled items, my only other sweatshirts are American giant and I won't wear those outside the house now that I have got the buzzes! The way the bottom hem rides up just a bit really makes them look fantastic. Sleeve length is also great (I'm 16.5"x34" slim in dress shirts). I highly recommend them just for the fit, but the. The construction and fabric weight make these phenomenal. After I received the first one I immediately ordered a second color.

Interesting - I have a 42L/S, and keep wondering if I should have gone for a 44. Would you be willing to measure the BOC length of yours for me?

I find the puffiness endearing, although I think that most people who 'want an MA-1' would be turned off by the repro cut. The rear length is the hardest part for me.

conqueror

Reaction score
Interesting - I have a 42L/S, and keep wondering if I should have gone for a 44. Would you be willing to measure the BOC length of yours for me?

I find the puffiness endearing, although I think that most people who 'want an MA-1' would be turned off by the repro cut. The rear length is the hardest part for me.

from memory we are a similar height (6'1) and ultimately the short back length is why i sold mine not long after buying it in japan a few years ago. i've tried a few other variations of the MA-1 since then but i feel the repro cuts just don't work for my body, especially since i have a long torso.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads