• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McPryon

Reaction score
I don't know. It's never caused a problem.
And in the USPS commercials they show them clearly taping over the bar code
ffffuuuu.gif

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know. It's never caused a problem.

Shoot, I've taped over at least 500 barcodes in the past few months. Only one package was rejected, and that was because I hadn't put enough postage on it.
Yea I have had to tape over a few in my time as well, with no problems. But I was just stating what they request, whether it works or not. I've been using labels for the longest time now, and I will never go back to paper & tape.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well damn. I'm no rock scientist, but that seems like a pretty alright deal.

Speaking of random ebay supplies (and sorry for bringing this up again...feel like it gets talked about every 5 pages or so), I use 12x15 poly bags for shirts, sweaters, pants, etc. but I'd like to find some cheap-ish options for coats/suits. Is 15x18 a good size for that? I can get a sport coat in a 12x15, but I hate how smashed up it gets.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of random ebay supplies (and sorry for bringing this up again...feel like it gets talked about every 5 pages or so), I use 12x15 poly bags for shirts, sweaters, pants, etc. but I'd like to find some cheap-ish options for coats/suits. Is 15x18 a good size for that? I can get a sport coat in a 12x15, but I hate how smashed up it gets.

in for answer. i use the free priority mail envelopes for shirts, sweaters, pants.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of random ebay supplies (and sorry for bringing this up again...feel like it gets talked about every 5 pages or so), I use 12x15 poly bags for shirts, sweaters, pants, etc. but I'd like to find some cheap-ish options for coats/suits. Is 15x18 a good size for that? I can get a sport coat in a 12x15, but I hate how smashed up it gets.

These work well for me
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360798236043?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Inside out, folded once over, first in there perfectly except one 52 XLG I've shipped which I had to do a tri-fold

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use this guy for Poly bags:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/goodusa?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2754

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I would believe this guy, especially if you sent the additional invoices, but I would also wouldn't trust ebay's systems, as well. I had an instance where I never received a notification of an item being purchased. I only knew because I received the PayPal email for the payment received. The item disappeared from my store but never showed up in my sold items.

I sent him a nice message yesterday, apologizing yet again. He says he will contact Ebay later today or tomorrow to see about removing the feedback. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure this is something they would consider removing. I'll call Ebay on Monday if he doesn't get it removed by then.

gerbilunit

Reaction score
Just checking in a first non payment and if I have done everything I should prior to reporting the buyer. The item ended on 3/2. Buyer has not paid yet. I usually give at least a day before sending anything just so they don't feel like I am nagging.

Followed up on the 4th with an invoice. Then sent a message yesterday on the 6th. Still no response. Anything I should do before reporting this buyer?

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't report the buyer. On the right hand side in your 'My Selling' page, find the item and click More Options. Then click 'Resolve a Problem'. Select 'I sold an item and haven't received my payment yet.' and click continue. Buyer will have a few days to pay. If he/she doesn't, you get your fees back and you can relist.

gerbilunit

Reaction score
Don't report the buyer. On the right hand side in your 'My Selling' page, find the item and click More Options. Then click 'Resolve a Problem'. Select 'I sold an item and haven't received my payment yet.' and click continue. Buyer will have a few days to pay. If he/she doesn't, you get your fees back and you can relist.
thanks @My Main Man

I appreciate the help. that sounded familiar but i didnt look deep enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads