• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found it. Thanks!

PayPal really needs to fix the search function on the site.

It's horrible. I had to bookmark it because it's nearly impossible to find on their website. A google search is easier.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the guy who screwed up and sold me a BB NWT tie for $3.99 + $2.99 and then tried to negotiate more money after the sale and didn't ship for 10 days and finally washed the tie and shipped it anyway all wrinkled sent this after my negative feedback:

Quote:
Is that even legal? I guess it is, but does he think $4 is going to make my experience any better? I am so tempted to write a long reply pointing out how stupid he was at every point in the process, but I guess I will just ignore it.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the guy who screwed up and sold me a BB NWT tie for $3.99 + $2.99 and then tried to negotiate more money after the sale and didn't ship for 10 days and finally washed the tie and shipped it anyway all wrinkled sent this after my negative feedback:

Is that even legal? I guess it is, but does he think $4 is going to make my experience any better? I am so tempted to write a long reply pointing out how stupid he was at every point in the process, but I guess I will just ignore it.
Just reply with "Yes". Then when he issues the refund say, "I've considered it, but don't feel right about changing my feedback."

SchoolyardBully

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12137760306...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=121377603063&_rdc=1

biggrin.gif
biggest sale to date but dwarf in comparison to most of you here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

Quote:
I would ignore him and add him to your blocked bidder list

Quote: Nice. What I really want to do for smaller items like shirts and ties (maybe even pants) is create a light source under the item shooting up though diffusion. The concept is that to generate a white background, the background has to be brighter then the object your shooting. When an object is flat on the background like in the pictures (and in mine) the background light source and the object light source are the same. The only way I can think to increase the background light source without increasing the object light source is to shoot light from below. Like with the suit setup, I have lights closer to the wall then the suit so that it can have light "behind" the suit which is brighter then suit itself to get a nice crisp white background.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. What I really want to do for smaller items like shirts and ties (maybe even pants) is create a light source under the item shooting up though diffusion. The concept is that to generate a white background, the background has to be brighter then the object your shooting. When an object is flat on the background like in the pictures (and in mine) the background light source and the object light source are the same. The only way I can think to increase the background light source without increasing the object light source is to shoot light from below. Like with the suit setup, I have lights closer to the wall then the suit so that it can have light "behind" the suit which is brighter then suit itself to get a nice crisp white background.

I've looked at doing something like that for smaller items. If I understand what your'e suggesting, it would be a scaled down version of this type of thing:

I figure the table would need to be at least 30 x 36 (40) to make it work. I would say 8 6500k t8 fluorescents. Or, order one of these stations.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would ignore him and add him to your blocked bidder list

Nice. What I really want to do for smaller items like shirts and ties (maybe even pants) is create a light source under the item shooting up though diffusion. The concept is that to generate a white background, the background has to be brighter then the object your shooting. When an object is flat on the background like in the pictures (and in mine) the background light source and the object light source are the same. The only way I can think to increase the background light source without increasing the object light source is to shoot light from below. Like with the suit setup, I have lights closer to the wall then the suit so that it can have light "behind" the suit which is brighter then suit itself to get a nice crisp white background.

Careful, if the under light is too bright it'll wash out your picture

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea and design, but I think you need a lot more light.

I'm guessing he is going to put direct light on his photos as well. Well designed you must have a good sized room for your eBay stuff.

Post a picture of how you used to do it and how you do it now, preferably with the same item.

If you have time that is. Should show the effect!

I'm thinking of just taking stuff outdoors and photographing there...being obsessed with the perfect white background is getting me nowhere, my camera loses the white balance setting all the time, and outdoor pics (with a decent background) look nicer to me in most cases. Would be a huge pain to make that switch, since I've set up an entire room dedicated to pics, far from a door to outside...and it would limit me to daytime & sunshine...so I dunno.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of just taking stuff outdoors and photographing there...being obsessed with the perfect white background is getting me nowhere, my camera loses the white balance setting all the time, and outdoor pics (with a decent background) look nicer to me in most cases. Would be a huge pain to make that switch, since I've set up an entire room dedicated to pics, far from a door to outside...and it would limit me to daytime & sunshine...so I dunno.
unfortunately doing this part time, while holding down a full time job requires us to minimize variables. You could lose a week of posting by having a rainy weekend. at least in your room today you have consistency.

Brian and hbkshin have mastered the white background.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads