• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is there a specific way to measure the front and rear rise on a pair of pants? I've only ever done outseam - inseam. 

I've always measured from the crotch seam to the top of the waist.

Lirum

Reaction score
I've always measured from the crotch seam to the top of the waist.

Wouldn't that be relative to how the seat is designed for that set of pants? I'm almost certain Bill's Kahkis give more room for the ass than I need, even though they have the same waist/inseam/outseam as my uniqlos.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be relative to how the seat is designed for that set of pants? I'm almost certain Bill's Kahkis give more room for the ass than I need, even though they have the same waist/inseam/outseam as my uniqlos.
That's what makes the rise so important, right? I usually just give front rise on eBay. If people want more, they'll ask. I thought about giving both, but I think it is a bit forboding.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what makes the rise so important, right? I usually just give front rise on eBay. If people want more, they'll ask. I thought about giving both, but I think it is a bit forboding.

+1. I just give front rise (and tell them how I measure it, so there's no confusion).

JL3212

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll start including the front rise in my listings.

Can't stop laughing at your avatar. Have you seen some of the other photos?

Lirum

Reaction score
Can't stop laughing at your avatar. Have you seen some of the other photos?

I looked at the rest of the guys listings, but that definitely seemed like the best. My roommate almost doubled over when he saw it.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a winter overcoat to someone and they message me saying that "I received the jacket today and it smells and is dmusty. I would like to return it for a refund." I tried this jacket on several times to get a feel for the size, and I also inspect all of my items for smells. It didn't smell when I shipped it to him. I responded and said:

"I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with the jacket, but I am 100 percent certain that it did not smell, nor was it "musty" when it was shipped to you. I know this because I tried the jacket on several times (evidenced by the description part of the listing when I said "I wear a 42 suit jacket and this is a very snug fit for me with just a dress shirt on"). Also, I make sure to inspect items for that sort of thing, as I always have things cleaned if they have any sort of smell to them. I would be more than willing to compromise here and pay for you to have the jacket professionally cleaned. "

He said:

"Thank you for responding to my email. I don't believe that a professional dry cleaner will be able to remove the smelll; therefore, I would like to return the item for a refund."

I said:

"I'm not sure I understand. If the smell is so pungent that a dry cleaner can't remove it, I would have surely smelled it when I tried the jacket on several times, and inspected it. I am willing to pay for the jacket to be cleaned, but I am positive that it did not smell when I packaged and shipped the item, so I cannot offer a full refund, I am sorry."

I guess at this point I'm hoping he opens a case and I'm able to win it. My guess is that it doesn't fit him, or he just doesn't like it and he's trying to game the system. The fact that he's lying is primarily what's making me refuse to offer the refund, even though he's been cordial in his language so far. I snagged a nice price for this topcoat, and the season for selling them is just about over, so I'd be taking a big hit by trying to resell it.

What would you do?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

Take return or offer partial refund. It's not worth the negative feedback.

Normally, I would, but because he's being dishonest I am not going to offer the refund. Had he messaged me and said that it didn't fit, or it didn't look right on him, I would have been much more understanding. I don't have patience for BS, I guess. He opened a case, so we'll see what happens.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehouseofcigars