1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks store vs factory store

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrpologuy, Sep 22, 2006.

1. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Well-Known Member

What is the difference between the dress shirts at the brooks retaill store and factory store? Are the ones at the factory store made for those stores or are they irregulars? I thought I was once told the red label in the shirts shows that they were for a factory store. I wore an ocbd last night from a factory store and was just wondering what the difference is. Thanks!

2. TrojanGarb

TrojanGarb Well-Known Member

The only line I've ever seen in the factory stores is their 346 line which is supposedly low quality just for outlet junk.

3. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

The 346 line stuff does have red tags with "346" on them. It is low-end stuff. But I believe their "luxury" line (sort-of mid-range bet. their standard stuff and golden fleece) also has red tags. So red tags are neither here nor there. But I woudn't jump at the 346 stuff.

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

My nearest outlet always has the 346 stuff, but sometimes they have shirts from the regular stores, too. They had quite a few of the traditional trim fits when Brooks first went crazy for non-iron. Some irregular shirts wind up at the outlets, too, as do unusual patterns.

I avoid the 346 products, but I've found enough bargains at the outlet to make it worthwhile to drop in.