• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boxing

Clovis Sangrail

Reaction score
Any else here box. If so, how and how often do you train and where? Are you training for an amateur bout or just for fitness.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do a search, there are a dozen or more of us here that box. I do it for fitness and fun, but will probably do a bout one day.

Cambel

Reaction score
I have boxed for both fitness and trained for an amateur bout. Know that boxing for fitness and training for a bout are two totally different things, though. The latter requires training everyday, often when you really don't want to. It involves refining technique which can involve long, slow stretches of drills in front of the mirror. Making weight is also never any fun.

Boxing for fitness allows for a far less strenuous experience. You can go when you want and and push yourself at your own pace--which is in and of itself a good experience and habit. But to some trainers, those who simply go in and do fitness boxing are really just flailing around. Don't get me wrong: doing a round on a heavy bag or drills at any level is very satisfying and the more you do it, the more nimble, balanced and powerful you will get and feel.

Boxing for fitness can be very fun, a great workout, and I recommend it. If you want to actually spar or fight, there's a whole other set of skills to learn. But you have to start somewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads