• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boutique hotels in vegas

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I think most places will be open again in Feb. Restaurants tend to close just after the new year for a couple of weeks.
Don't think so, sadly:
From the Las Vegas Advisor: January 6, 2011 Alex at Wynn to Close: In a totally unexpected announcement broken by Robin Leach in his Vegas Deluxe blog, Alex, the flagship gourmet French restaurant at Wynn, named for chef Alex Stratta, will close January 15. Stratta is quoted as being "really bummed out," while a spokesman for the property stated simply that "high-end French dining is not what people want these days." There's no word yet as to what will take its place; Stratta will continue to operate his more casual "Stratta" restaurant at Wynn.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a great meal at Alex about a year after it opened up - it was delicious.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Don't think so, sadly:

O god... they'll probably replace him with some new Wolfgang Puck abortion.

Or wait, maybe some ultra expensive Tapas place.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
O god... they'll probably replace him with some new Wolfgang Puck abortion. Or wait, maybe some ultra expensive Tapas place.
I really loved JS at Vdara, but I agree that the trend of "small plates" restaurants was tired before it started and needs to end soon. Either put up a serious tasting menu, or figure out something good enough that people want a whole portion of it. And if you're gonna make Tapas, it should actually be spanish.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SRSLY??

You must never have been to a fight in Vegas. THere's very little riff-raff around. There are so few seats in those arenas, there are VIPs in the upper deck.

Ironic story, the UFC fight I saw... Shaq was there... people barely cared (he's 7 feet tall and gigantic... cant' miss him, right?)... Jenna Jameson walked in the room.. the whole place was on its feet and silent. Interesting commentary on popular culture today.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't go to trashfests like that, so I wouldn't know. But, from the very little I've seen of the UFC crowd, its hardly the upper echelon...shaq and jenna jameson aren't exactly classy folks either.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss the tacky-ass Tyson fights of the 90s. Pimp conventions. Biggie and 2pac. Versace shades insides. hookers everywhere.

those were fun as hell.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
I miss the tacky-ass Tyson fights of the 90s. Pimp conventions. Biggie and 2pac. Versace shades insides. hookers everywhere.

those were fun as hell.

Didn't some people get shot at one of those at the MGM one year?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2pac did on Harmon Road post fight. not at the actually fight, I was there that night and saw him driving around earlier in the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads