• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I swear, reddit is useless for getting opinions - what do you guys think should be next and likely last for this year: C&J Coniston Tan or the newer John Lofgren Donkey Puncher in black CXL? My current collection below (aside from Alden Indy 405C's, which hadn't come in yet), and rep pics of the Coniston and DP.

View attachment 2041451
Dan Post cowboy boots, Viberg 2030 olive Chromepak, Allen Edmond Park Avenue balmoral, Alden Indy black cordovan, Alden Indy snuff suede, C&J Molton chukkas, and Alden Col. 8 cordovan jumpers from Sherman Bros.

C&J Coniston:

John Lofgren Donkey Puncher engineer boot:

They both fit my 'style', but more due to room and time to use than budget only want to add one more right now - which would you suggest adds better balance?

Cheers all!

Looking at your collection, I'd say the Donkey Puncher, as there's nothing else remotely like it in your current collection, and it's an outstanding makeup. I have it in black -- and recently picked up the burgundy -- and it remains one of my favorite makeups in a fairly thorough collection.

I don't have any Conistons or Galways, so those are on my wishlist, too.

lurker33

Reaction score
Galways.
IMG_5579.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those remain near the top of my list of things I don't have that I'm currently aware of and want. 😁
If they work with your wardrobe it's a slippery slope. Most of my Galway's work for my office and I definitely went overboard getting into them

kik595

Reaction score
Looking at your collection, I'd say the Donkey Puncher, as there's nothing else remotely like it in your current collection, and it's an outstanding makeup. I have it in black -- and recently picked up the burgundy -- and it remains one of my favorite makeups in a fairly thorough collection.

I don't have any Conistons or Galways, so those are on my wishlist, too.
I'm saving Galways for a special celebration (hopefully soon!)

Also...you guys definitely have me leaning towards the Lofgrens for now! (Especially since the Galways are a later goal, but similar to the Conistons a bit, IMHO - what can I say, I love a good captoe!)

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I'm saving Galways for a special celebration (hopefully soon!)

Also...you guys definitely have me leaning towards the Lofgrens for now! (Especially since the Galways are a later goal, but similar to the Conistons a bit, IMHO - what can I say, I love a good captoe!)
Speaking of cap toes, a hallucinary GMTO voice lately has been whispering to me "C&J Dundee in whiskey shell long due long due" 👽

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I swear, reddit is useless for getting opinions - what do you guys think should be next and likely last for this year: C&J Coniston Tan or the newer John Lofgren Donkey Puncher in black CXL? My current collection below (aside from Alden Indy 405C's, which hadn't come in yet), and rep pics of the Coniston and DP.

View attachment 2041451
Dan Post cowboy boots, Viberg 2030 olive Chromepak, Allen Edmond Park Avenue balmoral, Alden Indy black cordovan, Alden Indy snuff suede, C&J Molton chukkas, and Alden Col. 8 cordovan jumpers from Sherman Bros.

C&J Coniston:

John Lofgren Donkey Puncher engineer boot:

They both fit my 'style', but more due to room and time to use than budget only want to add one more right now - which would you suggest adds better balance?

Cheers all!
Going to throw a minor spanner in the works and suggest the Lofgren monkey boot, it’s like nothing you have and it’s a solid pattern for the style. Think they do in black cxl and natty? Either be a nice boot.

kik595

Reaction score
Going to throw a minor spanner in the works and suggest the Lofgren monkey boot, it’s like nothing you have and it’s a solid pattern for the style. Think they do in black cxl and natty? Either be a nice boot.
Was actually thinking that as a 3rd possibility myself - stared down the D.P. and the M.B. side by side long enough my gf thought I was losing my mind 'til I gave the D.P. a slight edge. ...She's pretty sure I'm certifiable now...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markjgalvan