• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anm1984

Reaction score

I almost always wear boots even with suits, from left to right

Does this apply to summer as well? I have to admit that I find boots incredibly comfortable and love the way they look. I am just curious that everyone seems to advance the idea that boots are fall and winter only.]

I hate the heat and have a lower tolerance than almost anyone I know but even I can wear chelsea's and jodphur's until July/August when its in the 90's and humid in NYC so they are fairly close to year round. Stuff like sock liner (full or half) and rubber or leather sole also matter, to me leather soles seem to wear cooler then rubber. Then of course the type of leather, in my picture the G&G and Vass are only worn in the fall / winter as they are clearly heavier (double sole and cordovan) the Carmina's, though the same style wear extremely cool and I wear your round but they are made with Kudu which is thiner. Finally Chukka's I don't view or feel function any differently then a shoe for heat and always wear them year round.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I wear boots all year round to work. The most heat they'll see is just going from the car to the office.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally! A thread where I can truly be myself.
1f62c.png
. I'll post some pics later. Thanks for setting this up, @dddrees

Anm1984

Reaction score

I wear boots all year round to work. The most heat they'll see is just going from the car to the office. 

Another good point, Im not in an office all day as well as walking all over and using the subway and still wear them.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Devils advocate here...

Are these boots or high top shoes?

:devil:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's summer for 10 months, and fall for 2 (if that) here in Florida. I try to wear my boots once a week, but I have reached my limit at 2 for this weather.

The argument is too compelling in regards to loafers or lace-up shoes most of the year here, but i think some chukkas will be a nice compromise. Would i still count as a boot guy if I wear chukkas? :embar:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Devils advocate here...

Are these boots or high top shoes?

:devil:

Haha, i have a pal that insists my dress boots are simply ankle boots. Because "real boots" are much taller than this. I see his, and your point, but i would say chukkas are more akin to ankle boots IMO. I have no issues with the effeminate connotation that term might have with some...

Last edited:

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jubei,

These are real boots:

:stirpot:

Last edited:

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

emidyl

Reaction score
damn bastards, just shows I NEED more boots, and how crappy some of mine are.
got some catching up to do for sure.

All are equally beautiful. I've only 4prs ATM,
some suede chelseas almost as a regular daily wear.
Red Wings Iron Ranger, I know not really in the same class of boot as those posted but I love nonetheless for what they are.
Blundstone Chisels
J&M Karnes winter boot semi brogue. Yep I'll admit I got a pr to get me through winter, looks decent but leather meh...
Carmina Black calf Jumpers on back order, can't wait

Last edited:

Jakezero

Reaction score
I think I would consider myself a boot guy, 7 pairs of boots and 1 pair of shoes, which I never wear.

Vass, saddle cordovan.

Vass, burgundy cordovan.

C&J, dark brown cordovan.

Cordovan boot group photo.

George boots from Maftei, the eastern european cousin of emptyms boots. Needs better photos, but natural light is barely possible at this time of the year.

Also got two pairs of chukkas, C&J Brecon and Alfred Sargent Redgrave, and a pair of cap toe boots in black grain by C&J for Brooks Brothers.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^I would consider you a boot guy. I think I still have the pics of those C&J Skye II saved on my phone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads