• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Alden chukka now on ridgeway with white welt stitch..💋
IMG_7656.jpeg

Gomers

Reaction score
Managed to get hold of a used pair of C&J Snowden’s. After I started looking at Veldtschoen boots, I happened upon the Hoggs Rannoch which have been awesome but I really wanted to try the Snowdon.

First impressions, the Rannoch is a level above in ruggedness, Snowdon almost seems a tad delicate in comparison, like their other boots but with a Commando sole installed. I also had a bit of heel lift but have sorted but overall I don’t love them like I do the Rannoch.

Need to give them more time but feel I may be moving them on at some point.
IMG_1581.jpeg

Last edited:

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
Managed to get hold of a used pair of C&J Snowden’s. After I started looking at Veldtschoen boots, I happened upon the Hoggs Rannoch which have been awesome but I really wanted to try the Snowdon.

First impressions, the Rannoch is a level above in ruggedness, Snowdon almost seems a tad delicate, like their other boots but with a Commando sole installed. I also had a bit of heel lift but have sorted but overall I don’t love them like I do the Rannoch.

Need to give them more time but feel I may be moving them on at some point.
View attachment 2142471

I had ordered a pair of those Rannoch’s many years ago but unfortunately they were too big. Very good build quality i remember. I want to order them again in the right size. I have the Snowden in UK 7.5. Any idea what size i should order?

Gomers

Reaction score
I had ordered a pair of those Rannoch’s many years ago but unfortunately they were too big. Very good build quality i remember. I want to order them again in the right size. I have the Snowden in UK 7.5. Any idea what size i should order?
I'd probably size down to a UK 7 in the Rannoch based on this. The Rannoch is a wide fit, didn't think I was particularly wide of hoof but think the G fitting adds to the supreme comfort. I also think the Rannoch is set up to take a good thick sock.

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
I'd probably size down to a UK 7 in the Rannoch based on this. The Rannoch is a wide fit, didn't think I was particularly wide of hoof but think the G fitting adds to the supreme comfort. I also think the Rannoch is set up to take a good thick sock.
Thanks!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads