1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

blackberry, treo, nokia communicator

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Oct 13, 2007.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

I want to replace my treo - thinking about a blackjack, a blackberry curve, or a nokia communicator - anybody have anything interesting to say?

2. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

By Communicator I assume you mean the Nokia E90? Have in mind that it is MUCH larger than the other two choices but it is the most flexible. Think near-ultralight laptop in capabilities, piles of software.

3. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I say Blackberry. I too gave up my Treo. I was sick of the constant bugs and hardware/software failures. Spent almost as much time fixing the fucking thing as I did using it.

The ubiquity of the Blackberry and it's relative ease of use are the biggest selling points.

If you need a true multimedia device, I'd recommend either the new Nokia N95 or the next version of the iPhone when it comes out in the new year.

4. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid Well-Known Member

Blackberry. The form factor is awesome, as is the interface, and since its JavaM based damn near every kind of program made will have a version for it.

5. Neo1824

Neo1824 Well-Known Member

I've had a treo for years and have had the same hardware/software issues.

Got a blackberry a few months back for work and now that I'm getting used to the differences in the layout, actually like it a lot. Is about 1/2 the thickness of my treo and have had no issues with internet/outlook/etc...

6. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

You should also look in to the Nokia E61i (I own one). Supports Blackberry Connect too, although email is naturally the Blackberry's strongpoint. The rest is a clear wash for the Nokia IMHO [​IMG]

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

8. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Well-Known Member

I have the Blackjack and like it a lot. It is very small and light compared to other devices with qwerty keyboards, especially with the thin battery. It is also typically very inexpensive at the AT&T stores. I have a 2GB memory card in it, which is large enough to keep a few hours of music and other items.

Battery life can be kind of short with the thin battery, but I keep it plugged in to my computer all day so that it can stay synced and charged. The only thing I'd wish for is a better camera for times when I don't have a dedicated camera in my bag.

9. kakemono

kakemono Well-Known Member

blackberry is the way to go

10. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

blackberry. It also depends on what you'll use it for. The Curve is an excellent device.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

12. flashback

flashback Well-Known Member

blackberry curve. I have one and I'm bonafide head-over-heels for it.

13. aarghh

aarghh Well-Known Member

I have the Blackjack and like it a lot. It is very small and light compared to other devices with qwerty keyboards, especially with the thin battery. It is also typically very inexpensive at the AT&T stores. I have a 2GB memory card in it, which is large enough to keep a few hours of music and other items.

Battery life can be kind of short with the thin battery, but I keep it plugged in to my computer all day so that it can stay synced and charged. The only thing I'd wish for is a better camera for times when I don't have a dedicated camera in my bag.

+1 on the Blackjack. An additional advantage for me is that I can tether it to my laptop and have an HSDPA connection in most places in the US.

14. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

I just got a Curve a week and a half ago, and I am absolutely loving it. Allows me to read and respond to my work and personal e-mail, open attachments and go online without any problems. I recommend it highly.

15. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

Blackberry, but if you use the e-mail function a lot, make sure you get a model with the full keyboard.