• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Coffee

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coffee is like a hamburger. You can only improve the taste of a hamburger by adding some mustard, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, etc...they enhance the overall taste of the burger. They bring it from a bland and boring slab of meat with a couple buns to a mouth watering multi flavored sometimes orgasm inducing food of the gods. It's just better with all that other stuff, they bring out the flavor of the meat and all blend well together, like a well composed symphony. Coffee, while pretty good black, is the perfect base for creating all kinds of other awesome beverages. Stop trying to think you're a bunch of hard asses by drinking your coffee black. You aren't fooling anyone, and you certainly aren't fooling the coffee.

You owe it to yourselves, gentleman.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Coffee is like a hamburger. You can only improve the taste of a hamburger by adding some mustard, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, etc...they enhance the overall taste of the burger. They bring it from a bland and boring slab of meat with a couple buns to a mouth watering multi flavored sometimes orgasm inducing food of the gods. It's just better with all that other stuff, they bring out the flavor of the meat and all blend well together, like a well composed symphony. Coffee, while pretty good black, is the perfect base for creating all kinds of other awesome beverages. Stop trying to think you're a bunch of hard asses by drinking your coffee black. You aren't fooling anyone, and you certainly aren't fooling the coffee.

You owe it to yourselves, gentleman.

No.

Have all the "coffee-flavored" milkshakes you want; I'll take my French-pressed coffee w/ a touch of cinnamon and sugar every time.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
No.

Have all the "coffee-flavored" milkshakes you want; I'll take my French-pressed coffee w/ a touch of cinnamon and sugar every time.

Not exactly black now, is it?

You're only helping me make my point. It doesn't have to be a coffee flavored milkshake, but good quality coffee can only be improved by adding a little bit of extra sugar, cinnamon, milk, whatever.

Your drink sounds good actually. Gay, but good.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Stop trying to think you're a bunch of hard asses by drinking your coffee black. You aren't fooling anyone, and you certainly aren't fooling the coffee.

+1...I love coffee black, or with milk, or with milk and chocolate, or with just foam, or with foam and a little chocolate sprinkles, or with ice, its all good.

Coffee snobs? I mean really WTF.

drainpipe

Reaction score
I take it with Bailey's. Adds a nice aroma that milk and cream just don't have. No sugar since I usually have it with something sweet.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
I like coffee black too. So what is you guys' favorite brand black?
Some yahoo from another thread several months ago got me addicted to Starbucks Americano. The Grande size seems to be just the right proportions of espresso to hot water. its the only coffee I can find now that doesn't get bitter before the end of the cup.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think espresso black is very tasty - French press comes out a little watery. I take it with a dash of milk, just to break it up. It shouldn't interfere with the taste really too much...

rxcats

Reaction score
When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I started drinking coffee with my grandmother. She drank it black with sugar and so did I. Now I use Spenda or Equal along with creamer (usually half-n-half or evaporated milk). There is no way I could stomach plain black coffee, but I have never claimed to be a coffee connoisseur. I agree with some of the previous posters, a little ETOH added to the caffeine can only improve it!

fatty

Reaction score
I like my men like my coffee. There when I need it and not when I don't.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only ever drink espresso coffee, made with either a stove-top espresso maker or a coffee machine.

I don't like french press, don't like drip coffee, don't like percolated coffee, don't like instant coffee.

I only drink 2-3 cups a week, so when I do drink coffee, really like it to taste like, well, coffee - not diluted with water or with other flavours.

One of my friends half-jokingly called me a coffee snob the other day, as he offered to make me a cup of instant coffee and I refused. I don't think of myself as a snob, as I don't show any disdain for people who choose to drink instant coffee. They're perfectly free to do so. I just choose not to, as I don't like the (weak) taste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads