• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Timer Big Guys! Closet Cleaning: Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli, Isaia, Ermenegildo Zegna jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello and thank you for viewing my closet cleaning thread!

(7/26 - added measurements, some price drops)

I love luxury outerwear. It's in my view where the difference between good and outstanding quality is most pronounced. But I have acquired too many pieces over the last few years and now I'm looking to sell. I'm creating some space in my closet due to the following reasons:

1. I've lost a lot of weight over the last couple of years and these items don't fit me properly anymore. I've considered trying to tailor these, but in some cases that may not be possible and/or the work would be very, very expansive.
2. I've moved from NYC to the west coast, where my winters are far more temperate. A couple of these didn't get worn at all in the past year.
3. I work from home full-time and have done so since moving west. I mostly wear workout clothes during the week and generally leave the house only for dog walks and workouts.

All of these jackets have been used, with the frequency of wear going from a few dozen times to a single wear. The condition of each of these jackets is 9+/10 (unless otherwise noted), with loose buttons and scratches (as best as I can find) or other issues noted in each coats' write-up.

Each jacket is shipped for $20 USD. I ship via FedEx Ground to CONUS. Feel free to ask questions on any of my items either via PM or in this thread. I will not accept returns.

I'm not a pro clothes seller so my measurements are to the best of my ability. I laid every jacket flat and went shoulder-to-shoulder, pit-to-pit, total length (measuring the backside of the jacket), pit to end of arm, and shoulder to end of arm. If you have more questions about measurements or want to see a photo of me actually measuring something, let me know.

And without further ado, here are some clothes I want to sell.

Ermenegildo Zegna Cashmere Elements jacket - $1,100

Size: EU60 (XXXXL)
Color: Black
Retail: $3,000ish (formally here: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/product.jsp?itemId=prod31900013)
Materials: 100% cashmere exterior, 50% lana wool, 25% silk, 25% cashmere interior
Measurements: 21" shoulder-to-shoulder, 25.5" pit-to-pit, 37.5" length, 19" pit-to-arm, 25.5" shoulder-to-arm
Origin: Mario's in Portland
Comment: Thick and heavy! Those are the best words to describe this amazing coat… I've had the fortunate of owning (or at least handling) jackets from the finest brands in the world and Zegna's offering here at the very least matches the very best quality I've seen. Their Elements material is like Loro Piana's Storm System in that it is water/wind-resistant. This jacket was gifted to me when I first moved out to NYC and I was able to wear just a t-shirt under it in the snow and stay warm. It's easily the warmest jacket I own but it was purchased when I was at my heaviest (and when I was planning on wearing a suit to work every day and needed an overcoat) and as a result is not really close to fitting me anymore. I probably wore this ten or fifteen times and had to have the zipper fixed at the Zegna store on Madison Ave. at one point (which took about two minutes, so I don't think it was an expansive repair).

pZcRlR4.jpg

WfpveLl.jpg

Ue3HVeH.jpg

2JgwLxi.jpg

2Ry2pHJ.jpg

kLrqxHQ.jpg

anOnuVv.jpg

aZ044ht.jpg

wPGVWgM.jpg

WoUppxw.jpg

Loro Piana Cashmere Storm System (Icer?) jacket - $1,750

Size: XL
Color: Black
Retail: $4,000ish (http://www.loropiana.com/flash.html#/lang:en/product/FAA0522/W000)
Materials: 100% cashmere
Measurements: 21" shoulder-to-shoulder, 25" pit-to-pit, 36" length, 19" pit-to-arm, 25" shoulder-to-arm
Origin: eBay
Comment: I believe this is the Icer but the tag inside does not say it. I've worn this a single time and it was barely worn before me (as the first and only prior owner was a college kid who didn't appreciate it). Basically NWOT. Also, I may keep this because the drawstrings inside can be pulled and makes this feel like a bigger winter jacket rather than something that's a size or two large for me. Diamond quilted. Suede trimmings.

lyTO11F.jpg

iiSZNA0.jpg

AgV5nhT.jpg

GAfqCK8.jpg

Y6UN2ad.jpg

lEmSsh4.jpg

MUdZ5bu.jpg

j4wURKv.jpg

kXQygSw.jpg

Loro Piana Wool/Cashmere Storm System (Field?) jacket - $550

Size: XXL
Color: Green (Vermont Green?)
Retail: $2,700 (http://www.loropiana.com/flash.html#/lang:en/product/FAE8318/5B30, but not the leather version)
Materials: 95% Wool/5% Cashmere
Measurements: 20" shoulder-to-shoulder, 25" pit-to-pit, 34.5" length, 22" pit-to-arm, 27.5" shoulder-to-arm
Origin: Soiffer Haskin/Loro Piana sample sale
Comment: Worn just once! Unstructured wool/cashmere blended jacket with suede trimmings, spare buttons.

g4oA9W5.jpg

YxwCoyh.jpg

Ye5wNN1.jpg

pdI4WvF.jpg

6gdpeC3.jpg

bm5Tm0b.jpg

PSo7Qcv.jpg

CJHaPOJ.jpg

8fODsKB.jpg

Loro Piana cotton-lined goose Storm System jacket - $850

Size: XXL
Color: Dark Green (cashmere lining is brown)
Retail: $3,000? (Similar to their Pad Jacket: http://www.loropiana.com/flash.html#/lang:en/product/FAE1190/W538)
Materials: 100% cotton interior, polyester exterior?
Measurements: 21" shoulder-to-shoulder, 24.5" pit-to-pit, 33" length, 20" pit-to-arm, 26" shoulder-to-arm
Origin: Family
Comment: Worn probably the most of anything in here, but still in fabulous condition. Suede trimmings. Dual rear vents with snap closures. I do not have the zipped-in hood that this jacket accomodates.

http://i.imgur.com/aIEvZH7.jpg?1[/img
[img]http://i.imgur.com/sEjBY1T.jpg
MQuQQRK.jpg

17Pph9Q.jpg

AA7YfgH.jpg

yiIn4ES.jpg

hKlbjnO.jpg

RHm0Z1S.jpg

CpEGkAA.jpg

yQ6Pz0F.jpg

8mOGPIt.jpg

1872GUu.jpg

Loro Piana brown kidskin suede jacket #1 - $550

Size: EU58
Color: Brown
Retail: $3,000? (An eBay auction of a similar item says retail was $5.5K: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5495-LORO-P...59?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item43cbbb2de3)
Materials: 100% kidskin suede
Measurements: 22" shoulder-to-shoulder, 24" pit-to-pit, 35" length, 20" pit-to-arm, 27" shoulder-to-arm
Comment: I've worn this jacket a handful of times. I purchased it from a consigner on eBay who wrote in their auction, "I have listed this jacket as preowned however it does not appear to be worn." A couple of buttons on this jacket may need to be resewn.

3fuZk2S.jpg

5IVQOof.jpg

5cYGN98.jpg

56OeWn0.jpg

iSqIDPL.jpg

3ubjTuD.jpg

wzka5sn.jpg

REf8NK1.jpg

Loro Piana brown kidskin suede jacket - $600

Size: XL
Retail: $3,000? (An eBay auction of a the same item says retail was $5.5K: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5495-LORO-P...59?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item43cbbb2de3)
Materials: 100% kidskin suede, 100% polyester interior
Measurements: 21" shoulder-to-shoulder, 22.5" pit-to-pit, 34" length, 21" pit-to-arm, 25.5" shoulder-to-arm
Comment: I've worn this jacket once. I'll likely keep one of my two LP suede jackets because they actually fit pretty well for the style that I'd wear them. Fully lined.

wVrPCi9.jpg

fJGomDl.jpg

913moqM.jpg

cXYjIwJ.jpg

kNNkl1J.jpg

RjO9sQt.jpg

Loro Piana cashmere-lined brown calf leather jacket - $1,350

Size: L? See measurements.
Retail: $5,000? (eBay auction I bought it from stated $5K retail)
Materials: 100% calf leather exterior, 100% cashmere interior
Measurements: 18.5" shoulder-to-shoulder, 23" pit-to-pit, 29.5" length, 20" pit-to-arm, 25.5" shoulder-to-arm
Comment: I may keep this even though I don't look like what I want to look like in this style of coat. I've handled a few LP jackets - including the ones listed in this thread, those still in my closet, and those consigned through SpooPoker - and this one is EASILY the nicest. Both the leather and cashmere are incredibly soft. Very special coat and it bothers me that I am trying to sell it. Has a zip/snap in cashmere liner that covers the front only (see pictures). Also has spare buttons.

OOOEuu9.jpg

QcJudrn.jpg

UPblHPe.jpg

99cD4V3.jpg

IqrNiq8.jpg

STNpIgV.jpg

RqBz413.jpg

DGjtivO.jpg

PNhX5kx.jpg

IDVoQ0N.jpg

1u2wudC.jpg

0fAgvm9.jpg

gsb5uKu.jpg

Brunello Cucinelli half-lined leather blazer - $350

Size: XXL Drop 6 (see measurements; fits smaller)
Color: Tan
Retail: $2K+? Honestly not really sure...
Materials: 100% leather exterior, 100% cotton lining
Measurements: 20.25" shoulder-to-shoulder, 22.5" pit-to-pit, 33" length, 17" pit-to-arm, 24" shoulder-to-arm
Comment: I may keep this because it fits well, but I'm listing because I'm not certain how often I'd have a chance to wear a leather jacket like this. Surgeon cuffs. Dual rear vents. Noticed a small tear near the stitching of the vent on the left side (see photo).

7q3zU2l.jpg

CoIYI0w.jpg

BDjPGsW.jpg

dlCRnNL.jpg

sy6nKSk.jpg

aOM1Wvm.jpg

5wqmDBP.jpg

ffEDPTR.jpg

fxHkbKr.jpg

Isaia silk/cashmere overcoat with zip-out down-lined vest - $700

Size: EU56 (with an inch or two let out on the pack and on the sleeves a few years ago)
Color: Grey
Retail: $3K+? Honestly not really sure...
Materials: 51% silk (seta = silk, right?)/49% cashmere
Measurements: 21" shoulder-to-shoulder, 23" pit-to-pit, 42" length, 17.5" pit-to-arm, 25" shoulder-to-arm (vest is 20" shoulder-to-shoulder, 25" pit-to-pit, 29.5" length)
Comment: Again in great condition, but also fairly well-worn relative to the other jackets here. This was my overcoat in college, so I threw it on over a suit about once a quarter.

TOM5eId.jpg

tCQ3NgF.jpg

NkRrrxu.jpg

zGDTRpq.jpg

r0nT6ws.jpg

d3nf1nG.jpg

0g0UXnU.jpg

aeAq4Mo.jpg

fNMsJkm.jpg

fKLWge8.jpg

eE0F0CG.jpg

Attachments

• Y6UN2ad.jpg
    Y6UN2ad.jpg
    952.2 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped another off the list (traded with someone on SF) and further drops. It's almost fall and you will not find these kinds of prices for these kinds of items available for much longer!

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another off the board. Slowly but surely the weather is turning and slowly but surely people are buying these from me. Don't wait to send an offer!:slayer:

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold two more items... maybe the last week before these get sent off for consignment!

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sending these out for consignment tomorrow so last chance....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads