• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best fitted casual Oxford button-down shirt?

JackTorrance

Reaction score
I have a budget of $225 to spend on a good white OCBD. I purchased a Gitman Vintage recently but I now realize they are extremely baggy and weird-fitting from reading reviews and old topics on this forum.

I want to avoid the parachute look.

I'm 5'11 with a 37" chest but I usually take 36" as most companies are overly generous with space.

InHocSignio

Reaction score

It's below your budget significantly, but Brooks Brother's extra slim fit is on point.

Yes, many people don't realize that Brooks Brothers' ESF sports shirts (can't emphasize enough, dress shirts with same label are huge) are quite trim. I actually ordered that popular "splashes of rainbow in white" fabric from them in ESF recently...

JackTorrance

Reaction score
I usually tuck, but I wanted something I could wear both ways. I'll check their website though.

I want shirts with that "distressed" look. Which is hard to explain, but a lot of these shirts (like the Brooks Brothers supima cotton one) are a bit too clean cut. I like the kind of material on PRL oxfords, Gitman Vintage and I know Thom Browne has that sort of "distressed" look around the edge of the collars and down the placket if you know what I mean? I guess what I'm saying is "wrinkled".

Is Thom Browne the best option to go for? Kamakura seemed okay too. Are there any fit pics of regular people wearing Thom Browne/Kamakura oxfords?

Last edited:

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kamakura is pretty cheap. I'm curious to see fit pics on those as well since I want a pair or two ocbd's...:)....If all else fails, I'm going with MofM or something else Japanese.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads