• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Cities to Live in Starting a Career out of College

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt

I know a few people who moved to such places, and while they might seem pleasant, inexpensive, and convenient for raising a family, I'm not sure it would work well for twenty-somethings just out of college. Common complaints I have heard are lack of nightlife, most people are from there and just hang out with their high school buddies (so it's hard for outsiders to make friends), and everyone gets married really young.

That is what I'm experiencing right now lol. I moved from Long Beach to Traverse City. You're exactly right 100%

austinite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
That's what I thought too, it looks like the weather in Houston is no worse than that of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale hence it should suffice....

People from California and Hawaii can **** on everyone else's weather for sure. However, I'd take Texas weather over Midwest and Northeast weather without thinking twice. Florida has milder winters than Texas, but like you said, it isn't a huge difference.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Small-town people get so taken with NYC, but most don't seem to know how to fully and properly navigate (i.e live) in a massive / 'Global' city.

If a person cannot navigate the subway system in NYC then they either cannot speak any english at all or are marsupialed. It's one of the most straight forward public transit systems on the face of the earth.

Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
Can you elaborate on that?

Traverse City Michigan is beautiful during the summer time.

I'm saying move to NYC while you're still young and can enjoy the girls, drugs, late nights, etc... As you get older, hangovers last longer, you start to get more of a conscience, and generally just want to settle down. Do all that **** in NYC while you're young and can enjoy it. Live in a shithole with a bunch of other people, you'll spend most of your time out of the apt anyway. Then, when you get your **** together (become an adult) you can settle down in a more sensible (affordable) location.

octo

Reaction score
agree on the NYC.. especially if you're in Finance or Accounting...

I work in biotech so san diego is my hub. no regrets

O'Higgins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
I was born and raised in Houston so I like it but I can see why a lot of outsiders might not. It's hot, traffic sucks, and there aren't a lot of outdoor type things to do within the city.

On the plus side though, the airport is a hub airport for United Contiental so you can get a direct flight to almost any city in the country and a lot of international places.

Overall, it's a great place if you want to work and make money since a lot of things are cheap and the pay is good for most professionals.

I have to agree, I am outside of Houston and wouldn't live anyplace else. It IS hot, the traffic does suck, but I grew up in the Golden Triangle of Texas, so I am use to the weather.
Dallas is nice and I lived in DFW for a while, but we wound up back in Houston.
One of my biggest complaints is the sports teams in the area really suck. ( They aren't called the Lastros for nothing.)
The food is really good in Houston. I think it might be the best in the nation.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by O'Higgins
I have to agree, I am outside of Houston and wouldn't live anyplace else. It IS hot, the traffic does suck, but I grew up in the Golden Triangle of Texas, so I am use to the weather.
Dallas is nice and I lived in DFW for a while, but we wound up back in Houston.
One of my biggest complaints is the sports teams in the area really suck. ( They aren't called the Lastros for nothing.)
The food is really good in Houston. I think it might be the best in the nation.

Admittedly I've never lived in Texas, but what I've heard from people I know who have, I have a really, really hard time believing this.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Admittedly I've never lived in Texas, but what I've heard from people I know who have, I have a really, really hard time believing this.

As one of the most Houston proud members of this forum, I will admit that is a bit of a stretch. Lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads