• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shoes from vass

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick - the picture you posted - who made that shoe?
An Australian company called 'Rivers', which is like a more urban RM Williams, in a lower price bracket. I picked up a high toe-box cap-toe blucher in the same transaction - I can only assume the design was swiped, by Rivers, for use in hilly Australian terrain (Thanks Bengal.). And I second Foxx - you should type up the whole event and submit it to GQ, Esquire, Departures or the like, I think you'd have a very good chance of making it to their pages - but $500 Vass shoes would probably be far too 'ghetto' for Robb Report. Â
wink.gif

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doh... I wish this article was posted a month earlier. I was just in Budapest three weeks ago. I would have checked out Vass if you would have posted earlier. BTW the $500 US price for bespoke shoes is a great deal and will probably not last much longer since Hungary is joining the EU next year. I'm sure the euro will destroy their price structure like everyone else... ...and the women of Hungary, TO DIE FOR. I've heard that they are a mix of Finnish and tartar/mongolian stock. I found that most European women are slimmer than their American and Canadian counterparts PLUS Hungarian women have an amazing copper complexion
wink.gif
If you're there during the summer try an outdoor club called Rio--the music was pretty bad, but there is no cover and people tend to dress on the skimpy side. norcal... should change the name to manhattan transplant...

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Doh... I wish this article was posted a month earlier.  I was just in Budapest three weeks ago.  I would have checked out Vass if you would have posted earlier.  BTW the $500 US price for bespoke shoes is a great deal and will probably not last much longer since Hungary is joining the EU next year.  I'm sure the euro will destroy their price structure like everyone else...

Now that is a tragedy.. I did another extensive post on Vass back around May but I didn't write anything else for a while.

As for joining the EU - as you said they join next year but the currency doesn't go to the Euro until 2008 (I'm pretty sure that's the year or somewhere thereabouts.) . I'm sure the prices will still go up slowly though.

MPS

Reaction score
Mr. Harris,

I do like your Vass shoes. I was interested to see the Oxblood brogues on a more delicate last. Does Vass do any wholecut shoes, or Oxfords with swan-neck stitching (in the style of Edward Green's Ladbroke)?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm paying a visit to the Vass shop next week (in Europe on business, and taking a detour to Budapest.)

Looking forward to getting a couple pair of bespoke shoes.

I will post further on my experiences when I return.

Kai

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do like your Vass shoes. I was interested to see the Oxblood brogues on a more delicate last. Does Vass do any wholecut shoes, or Oxfords with swan-neck stitching (in the style of Edward Green's Ladbroke)?

That last is brand new. I know they are doing a Norwegian on it in addition to the wingtip but I don't know what other styles, if any, they have worked up for it. I'll let everyone know when I recieve further information.

I'm paying a visit to the Vass shop next week (in Europe on business, and taking a detour to Budapest.)

Looking forward to getting a couple pair of bespoke shoes.

I will post further on my experiences when I return.

Excellent. Did you email them and let them know you are coming?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did e-mail them and tell them I am coming.

I only sent the e-mail this morning, so they haven't yet had time to respond.

Do I need an appointment, or can I just show up at their shop?

Kai

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can probably just show up but since you are traveling such a distance it would be best to talk to them beforehand. Sometimes it takes a while to hear back from them via email but you can always call them if necessary.

naturlaut

Reaction score
If your first order was ~US$500, how much are subsequent orders?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The same price I assume. They don't charge extra to prepare the last. Or at least they didn't charge me. But maybe I'm getting special treatment being a Vass agent and all
smile.gif
It might be good to ask the current prices when you email them.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
Just to revive an old thread on Vass shoes. A very very good and informative thread on Vass (pronounced Vah sh) by A Harris.

I was always pronouncing it "Vass" like in Bass the fish or shoe.

I believe it's "vache" - like the French cow

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
Just to revive an old thread on Vass shoes. A very very good and informative thread on Vass (pronounced Vah sh) by A Harris.

I was always pronouncing it "Vass" like in Bass the fish or shoe.

Talk about a difference in price.
wink.gif

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Harris, where's the workshop located? At the back of the store? Do they allow regular visitors to take a peek?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads