• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berg and Berg

jalh97

Reaction score
hey guys, any experiencies with the Nima workwear jacket re: sizing? I don't have anything B&B, so don't know how they fit. Also, is it a nice clothing item, or just pretty?

EDIT: lol, just read the last comments and they literally are about this jacket. Well, does anyone wear a size 50 in it? If you do, is it like a Large or Medium?

tonicab

Reaction score
ohh right, so no weird shoulders/armpits as the other user complained? Also, do you normally wear size large?
Maybe a bit fit in dorsal when you put your hands up, but it is not important for me. I am size L (never XL, but sometimes a M). If you have big back or dorsal and you are between L-XL buy XL.

13.characters

Reaction score
Hi. Is 50% usually maximum discount?
Generally, on sale events - yes, 50% is maximum discount. There are very rare "achieve sales" maybe once every 2-3 years or so with some old stock items that were listed at 60%. If you want to get something, don't count on those though. But you can get additional 10% discount with a new customer code.

WaIIace

Reaction score
Generally, on sale events - yes, 50% is maximum discount. There are very rare "achieve sales" maybe once every 2-3 years or so with some old stock items that were listed at 60%. If you want to get something, don't count on those though. But you can get additional 10% discount with a new customer code.
Thank you

WaIIace

Reaction score
Okay, I will probably get their chinos in khaki. Can anyone speak on the quality, compared to, let's say, Spier and Mackay? Are they good value for money?

13.characters

Reaction score
Okay, I will probably get their chinos in khaki. Can anyone speak on the quality, compared to, let's say, Spier and Mackay? Are they good value for money?
At 50% off they're a very good deal, in my opinion. The fabric, cut, quality and finer details are a level above S&M. Don't see any in khaki B&B are offering right now, though.

One thing that I'm a bit disappointed in is the "Made in EU" switch, which B&B did. The new factory they make their "Made in EU" garments now has missed the finer details the "Made in Italy" had before. For example, on tailoring and on trousers the button holes are no longer stitched as tightly. The lapel button hole has a worse shape now, in my opinion. The finer details, that made their tailoring appear refined, as softly gathered shoulders and very nice horn buttons (both shape and color) are gone now as well replaced by the generic type of horn buttons everyone else has which do not have as nice of a shape. The longer length of the jackets seem to be a centimeter shorter now. The proportions of the details, e.g. the waistband, pockets and the single belt loop is changed on the "Made in EU" trousers - and not in a nice way. It's now switched more to the center of the trouser, while on the "Made in Italy" it was more to the side and appeared more appealing. All that while having the same price of 1000 euro for a jacket. Now, I love B&B very, very much, and have been a loyal customer for a long time. Their CS is one of the best in the game. But I'm very concerned if they're going to move to mass-market direction instead of focusing on the finer details that other brands do not offer, especially at the B&B full price point. It's fine to move out of Italy to other places to make your garments, if you make them right. I think the main reason was, probably - with their last batch of tailoring - that was very delayed. I think the last autumn/summer from their Italian partner arrived only at the end of the summer and they had to put it on sale almost right away. May be the reason they moved to a different supplier. Probably cheaper as well. But I'd love them to keep the quality and the details they had before.

Answering your question - disregarding everything I said before, I still think the trousers are absolutely worth it at 50% off. Just a little rant of the things I'm concerned about with the brand I love.

Here are some examples I talked about, stitching and buttons on "Made in Italy":
1710718311863.png
1710718435075.png

Stitching and buttons on "Made in EU":
1710718380133.png
1710718406813.png

Trouser button hole sticking on "Made in Italy":

1710718756660.png

Trouser sticking on "Made in EU":
1710718697227.png

Belt loop that is now placed smack in the middle between center and the pleats on "Made in EU", as well as pockets more shifter to the right side:
1710718944878.png

Versus belt loop that was shifted to the left off center and not smack in the middle and pockets more on the side, that are less visible from the front in "Made in Italy":
1710719057970.png

To be fair, the cloth might make the "Made in Italy" look a bit better too, but those details I mentioned are on all trousers that switched fabrics. And are actually making the trousers and tailoring a bit worse, in my opinion. Not the end of the world, but why downgrade to mass-market standard with a premium price - I love B&B for their consideration of smaller details, effortlessly elegant Neapolitan cuts and details. Hope to see the change back either to their previous factory or to a better standard. I know they can.

Reaction score
Thats really informative @13.characters!

Is anyone able to comment on the quality of the braided belts?
(Presume similar to Anderson's etc)
I like the idea of the slightly slimmer width

Last edited:

WaIIace

Reaction score
At 50% off they're a very good deal, in my opinion. The fabric, cut, quality and finer details are a level above S&M. Don't see any in khaki B&B are offering right now, though.

One thing that I'm a bit disappointed in is the "Made in EU" switch, which B&B did. The new factory they make their "Made in EU" garments now has missed the finer details the "Made in Italy" had before. For example, on tailoring and on trousers the button holes are no longer stitched as tightly. The lapel button hole has a worse shape now, in my opinion. The finer details, that made their tailoring appear refined, as softly gathered shoulders and very nice horn buttons (both shape and color) are gone now as well replaced by the generic type of horn buttons everyone else has which do not have as nice of a shape. The longer length of the jackets seem to be a centimeter shorter now. The proportions of the details, e.g. the waistband, pockets and the single belt loop is changed on the "Made in EU" trousers - and not in a nice way. It's now switched more to the center of the trouser, while on the "Made in Italy" it was more to the side and appeared more appealing. All that while having the same price of 1000 euro for a jacket. Now, I love B&B very, very much, and have been a loyal customer for a long time. Their CS is one of the best in the game. But I'm very concerned if they're going to move to mass-market direction instead of focusing on the finer details that other brands do not offer, especially at the B&B full price point. It's fine to move out of Italy to other places to make your garments, if you make them right. I think the main reason was, probably - with their last batch of tailoring - that was very delayed. I think the last autumn/summer from their Italian partner arrived only at the end of the summer and they had to put it on sale almost right away. May be the reason they moved to a different supplier. Probably cheaper as well. But I'd love them to keep the quality and the details they had before.

Answering your question - disregarding everything I said before, I still think the trousers are absolutely worth it at 50% off. Just a little rant of the things I'm concerned about with the brand I love.

Here are some examples I talked about, stitching and buttons on "Made in Italy":
View attachment 2150905 View attachment 2150911
View attachment 2150907 View attachment 2150909

View attachment 2150915

View attachment 2150913

Belt loop that is now placed smack in the middle between center and the pleats on "Made in EU", as well as pockets more shifter to the right side:
View attachment 2150917
Versus belt loop that was shifted to the left off center and not smack in the middle and pockets more on the side, that are less visible from the front in "Made in Italy":
View attachment 2150919

To be fair, the cloth might make the "Made in Italy" look a bit better too, but those details I mentioned are on all trousers that switched fabrics. And are actually making the trousers and tailoring a bit worse, in my opinion. Not the end of the world, but why downgrade to mass-market standard with a premium price - I love B&B for their consideration of smaller details, effortlessly elegant Neapolitan cuts and details. Hope to see the change back either to their previous factory or to a better standard. I know they can.
Great, thank you for such an informative reply! I meant these ones in beige: https://bergbergstore.com/products/alfie-cotton-trousers-beige. Unfortunately, while I was thinking, they have sold out in my size... now I need to find an alternative, lol

13.characters

Reaction score
Thats really informative @13.characters!

Is anyone able to comment on the quality of the braided belts?
(Presume similar to Anderson's etc)
I like the idea of the slightly slimmer width
Don't have the braided yet - but plan to get few as well. Their other belts like croc and suede I do have - the quality is good. I'd say to just get it if you like the look.

NassimBandini

Reaction score

View attachment 2150905 View attachment 2150911
View attachment 2150907 View attachment 2150909

View attachment 2150915

View attachment 2150913

View attachment 2150917
View attachment 2150919

Very interesting post, as usual!
However, I don't find "Made in EU" trousers. Only Italy or Portugal. As for tailoring, it's even "worse" but it's written "Made in Europe". Which is very vague.

jeremygo

Reaction score
I would second the replies above. Much better than the S&M trousers, which are totally fine, but the B&B trousers feel *nice.* I've also had some issues with QC on the S&M trousers (rips, buttons falling off, etc.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads