• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatles Remastered discussion

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I am really tempted to buy this set. I find a dose of Beatles perfect now and then when driving in the car on a long trip or to mix one into the background of a party. Even my son is saying that he now appreciates their music on a new level. The stuff is timeless.

I was at a Labor Day party this afternoon where the remasters were being played. Even the kids knew the words.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will not buy - bad timing for Apple/Capital, but finally just got everything on CD.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Will not buy - bad timing for Apple/Capital, but finally just got everything on CD.

Roma,

You should reconsider. These are noticeably better than the 1987 remasters.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My gf is drooling over this. I may have to sell my numbered copy of Rozz Williams' PIG to get it for her.

Reaction score
i am only picking up Beatles For Sale
i've got everything else on vinyl and CD

if money were no object i'd get that mono set

but yeah, i don't get boners for remasters; increase in fidelity = decrease in charm

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
*******. Not giving up Rozz Williams' last project before he died for anything! GF can fend for herself!

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
*******. Not giving up Rozz Williams' last project before he died for anything! GF can fend for herself!

That has to be one of the oddest situations I've seen. Rozz Williams or the Beatles.

crazy!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL we're a strange couple.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What can I say, I love his collages, spoken word, and experimental noise. The most underrated artist of our age IMO.
smile.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Roma,

You should reconsider. These are noticeably better than the 1987 remasters.

i find no thrill in high fidelity

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ listen, right?
confused.gif

Sorry, but that stuff
dozingoff.gif
crazy.gif
butbut.gif
rolleyes.gif
for me. Too tangential! I dig the music, not the technology. As long as sound quality is not horrible, I'm
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Listened to Rubber Soul over lunch-stereo version, don't have my mono box yet. It is truly stellar. EMI really has done A+ mastering on this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads